PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Owens' WWE Contract Expires In 9 Months And He's Not Sure What Comes Next

Kemo
05-07-2024, 12:29 AM
Kevin Owens' current deal with WWE runs out in a matter of few months - nine months to be precise. The former World champion recently got fans' attention when he was not-committal about competing at future WrestleMania events. During an interview with Alistair McGeorge for Metro, Kevin Owens revealed WWE contract expires in nine months, which puts us around late January/early February 2025. As things currently stand, he's not certain that he'll remain a WWE Superstar by WrestleMania 41.

"I really don’t take anything for granted, I’ve nine months left on my contract, and I don’t know what can happen from here on out," Owens revealed.

As he faces this uncertainty, the Canadian grappler can't help but mourn the loss of the dear friends he's lost along the way, including Brodie Lee, Bray Wyatt, Jay Briscoe.

"That’s just life," Owens said. "If I’ve learned anything over the last few years, it’s that nothing is guaranteed. I’ve learned that through some very unfortunate events, we’ve lost so many good people that was never expected. That’s just one example of how I do not take anything for granted, how I look at things now."

Owens has been a part of the WWE roster for a decade. During that time, he's developed unbreakable bonds with his peers and has a hard time thinking about these people not being part of his life anymore.

"This has been my home for 10 years and it’s beyond the locker room. There’s some very, very, very special people that work behind the scenes that I’ve become very close with, and I really can’t imagine not seeing them as part of my life."

Former AEW World Champion Maxwell Jacob Friedman took notice of the possibility of Owens becoming a free agent next year.

https://i.imgur.com/2Na2ZVM.jpeg

KO teamed up with Randy Orton and faced The Bloodline (Solo Sikoa and Tama Tonga) in a losing effort at WWE Backlash: France this past weekend. The match featured the WWE debut of Tanga Loa, Tama's brother, who interfered and assisted The Bloodline to win.