PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Puder Comments on Kurt Angle

Will
10-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Tough Enough winner and Mixed Martial Arts fighter Daniel Puder recently spoke out on Kurt Angle and even challenged the TNA superstar to face him in an MMA match on MMAWeekly.com’s Sound Off Radio. Below are some of Puder’s comments:

Puder on putting Angle in a keylock:

"Kurt came over and challenged everybody else during a Tough Enough competition]. I raised my hand, so I got to go in and I was the lucky number two to wrestle him, and I key-locked his a** and made him look like an idiot on national television… and he wasn’t very happy about it. That’s pretty much what happened”

Puder calling Angle out in an MMA setting:

"Let’s say I fight for UFC or Strikeforce or WFA, whoever I fight for at that match with Kurt I’d be willing to put – if I lost – let’s put it that way, I would be willing to bet my money that I would make on that fight vs. his money that he makes on that fight for the winner. I’d put up every single penny. So, if I made a million bucks, if I get Pay-Per-Views or whatever else, I’d be willing to put that million dollars up against his million that I’d beat him."

Puder on Kurt Angle calling him out on a recent TNA conference call:

"It’s not like I’m going out there and I’m doing pro-wrestling. If he wants to compare me vs. him in pro-wrestling; the guy’s been doing it forever. The guy won the 96 Olympics and he started pro-wrestling like what, a year or two later? I know he’s a tough guy, he’s broken his neck a couple of times; he won the Olympics with a broken neck… the guy is tougher than balls. He’s probably one of the toughest guys out there. He wouldn’t tap out when I had him in a key lock, and I thought it would break, it should have broken; I wish it would have broken… then I really could have had something on him."

Puder on Angle’s claim with training he could defeat top Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell:

"He’s an amateur wrestler and a pro-wrestler, and even though he won the gold medal, I key-locked his ass and I wasn’t even trying, which means Tito and Chuck, they would knock his ass out, and I plan on doing the same thing"

Puder on Angle’s claim he hasn’t taken pain killers in 18 months:

"He also said he hasn’t taken pain meds in 18 months, which I knew for a fact that he has."

I haven't really seen much of Puder, but I doubt that he would knock Angle out. Seems like the guy is just trying to stretch out his 15 minutes of fame.

Joe
10-31-2006, 02:16 PM
The guy just wants to hang on to something that barely was noticibale on SD, only MMA fans wouldve seen it and they way kurts body etc is now i wouldnt expect angle to do well in mma at all so it aint really a fair match up

Will
10-31-2006, 04:07 PM
Well, the way that i have always heard it, was that Kurts body was at its worst point when he made that appearance on Tough Enough. I think that he could beat Puder in an MMA fight if it happened today. He wouldnt have a chance in hell against a guy like Lidell or Ortiz though.