PDA

View Full Version : WWE in talks with MMA star

AFC1986
10-31-2006, 12:23 AM
source: gerweck.net

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Vince McMahon and John Laurinaitis met with MMA star Bob Sapp on 10/15 in Los Angeles. Paul Heyman has pushed for WWE to sign Sapp dating back to 2003, when he wanted the company to book a Sapp vs. Brock program. The problem appears to be that Sapp has lucrative MMA matches on the table, and accepts movie roles. The chances of the sides coming to an agreement appear to be 50/50.

Joe
10-31-2006, 02:46 AM
Now Sapp in WWE is something i would want to see lol this guy is fkn huge and a good mma fighter plus id be pissing myself laughing at WWE's attempts to book him

Will
11-01-2006, 01:08 AM
Now Sapp in WWE is something i would want to see lol this guy is fkn huge and a good mma fighter plus id be pissing myself laughing at WWE's attempts to book him

I have only seen him fight once and I wasn't that impressed with him. Granted he is huge, but he doesn't seem to be very mobile or athletic(which is to be expected with a guy as big as he is). He might make it in the WWE if he can talk, but if he cant then he will be just another big guy that is let go after a year or so.