PDA

View Full Version : Ronaldo Aims To Repay Reds' Faith

Dark Drakan
02-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo has pledged to repay the faith United have shown him.

The Portuguese winger has been linked with a move to Juventus in recent weeks, but the 21-year-old star is concentrating solely on validating the club's support.

Cristiano told the Manchester Evening News: "United have stood by me and been there for me and I want to repay that.

"They were also the only club that showed 100 percent commitment towards me. They brought me to England and tried to make me a better player and they have worked hard.

"There is nobody else who could make me what I am now and I am really thankful. I will repay the faith."

The 21-year-old star has endured a tough time in his private life this season - including the death of his father - and he admits that his performances have suffered as a result.

"Obviously it has been really hard to take since my father died," he admitted. "Psychologically it was very tough and you are bound to take it onto the pitch whether you like it or not."

Ronaldo is eager to win the Carling Cup this weekend so that he can dedicate the victory to his father's memory.

"I know he won't be there on Sunday and that will be tough to take," he said. "But he will be with me in my heart. I will think about him and I would like to win it for him."

SOURCE - MU OFFICIAL SITE