PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Valiant Talks about his career,Changing The Rocks diper.....More:

OMEN
02-26-2006, 12:54 AM
Jimmy Valiant on The Irish Whip: 2-21-2006

Jimmy came on full of energy, and let us all know he wrestled over 10,000 matches in 40 years, and he is the goodwill ambassador of pro wrestling.

'Woo…Mercy Daddy the Jimmy Valiant story' is available now at www.jimmyvaliant.com/

Jimmy gave us some history about himself, he told us he wrestled with Rocky Johnson, and Peter Maivia, The Rock's father and grandfather, and he said he literally changed The Rock's diaper!

He is self promoting the book, it is only available on his site, and at his hall of fame wrestling museum and EVERY copy of the book is personalized autographed.

Jimmy also runs Boogie Woogie camp, which is a wrestling school, and also at the same location as the museum and the admission for the museum is free, it is only open on Sundays from noon to 4:00 you can go and spend the day with Jimmy, and Angel Valiant.

He said all of this is located on a 2 acre lot in the mountains of Virginia, and has beautiful scenery all around.

Jimmy Valiant and Big Joe challenged J.P . and an unnamed partner to a tag team match when they visit the museum!

Jimmy Valiant said that he has wrestled in 5 decades and in that time he has worked with all of the top wrestlers from that time, and his entire career was a thrill, and he can not say enough about the business.

He said that at his school, he teaches both the old and new schools of wrestling, so that the old school does not become a lost art.

He said many of his students have had try outs for ECW, WCW, and WWE.

Jimmy tells a great story of his feud with Kabuki, and the colored mist staining his hair each night, and causing his hair to become more like a rainbow, then a bleach blonde color.

He said he thinks his feud against Paul Jones and his army was one of the longest feuds in pro wrestling it went on for 5 years.

Back when he was wrestling he said he was often working 9 times a week.

He tells a funny story from his book of Dick "The Bruiser" pulling him and a few other wrestlers over two times in one night using a flashing blue light, and needless to say making Jimmy thinking that he was about to get busted, This story was right from 'Woo..Mercy Daddy'.

Jimmy and his wife Angel wrote every word of the book, he said there were other people wanting to write a book about him, but he wanted every word written be to be his own thoughts.

He said the book is almost 600 pages, and took him 5 years to write it, working on it 5 hours a week every week, and he did that while he was still working the independent circuit several days a week.

Big Joe said that he will read the book in 2 days if Jimmy puts him in the hall of fame!

Jimmy Valiant booked his final match years in advance and had a plaque made up with the date of his first match and last made up when he booked that match and that plaque he says kept him going those years the dates were May 6 1964, and Dec 25 2004.

He said that the legends offered him a match with a lot of money and he did do that one match after December 25, 2004.

Jimmy part of the reason he has been able to retire, is that he was able to do it on his own terms.

Jimmy then went on and did an amazing promo for us that I could no way do mercy here; you will need to check the archives at www.theirishwhip.com to hear it!

PWI

the madscotsman
02-27-2006, 03:47 PM
must stop my self from making joke. fuck it. I bet he smelt what the Rock was cookin' that day.

I'm sorry I couldn't help it.