PDA

View Full Version : Pride 32 "the Real Deal" Results

Just KC
11-05-2006, 01:05 AM
DETAILED FULL RESULTS:

Fight #1:
-Robbie Lawler vs. Joey Villasenor

Round 1: Round opens with Lawler throwing a big high kick, that was only partially blocked so it had some effect. He quickly threw a big knee that dropped Villasenor and hurt him, and Lawler smelling blood went in for the finish and after two or three punches on the ground, the referee had no choice but to stop the fight.

Robbie Lawler def. Joey Villasenor via TKO (strikes) at 0:22 of Round 1.

Fight #2:
-Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Travis Galbraith

Round 1: Very good first round, Galbraith is the real deal. Both fighters got hit good on the feet with punches, early on Nakamura dropped Galbraith and looked to finish him with strikes on the ground once he dropped. I was actually running into this room to type up the results when they told me it was Herb Dean as ref, and they didn't stop it. Rest of the round was back and forth both on the feet, with takedowns and reversals. Round ends with Nakamura doing a beautiful judo throw and gaining mount as the bell rounded.

Round 2: Round opened with a solid Nakamura takedown. The two get back to their feet and exchange, both getting slightly rocked in the process. A few moments later, Nakamura lands both a good right and then a left, neither really knockout punches but punches that stunned him, Galbraith rushed Nakamura into the corner and Nakamura landed a great knee to the face that dropped Galbraith to his hands and knees. Nakamura huddled over him throwing down punches, and Herb Dean had no choice but to stop the fight mid-way through the second round.

Kazuhiro Nakamura def. Travis Galbraith via TKO (strikes) at 1:16 of Round 1.

Fight #3:
-Phil Baroni vs. Yosuke Nishijima

Round 1: Round opened with Baroni quickly taking Nishijima down. He worked ground and pound and switched from guard to half guard to side mount and back and forth. He had Nishijima's arm trapped at one point in side control, ala Hughes-Penn II, but didn't finish him. He tried a kimura, almost had it - Nishijima didn't escape but moved around enough to take the pressure off. Baroni went for it again and this time got it.

Phil Baroni def. Yosuke Nishijima via Submission (kimura) at 3:20 of Round 1.

Fight #4:
-Dan Henderson vs. Vitor Belfort

Round 1: Good first round, to those who are anti-Henderson it could be called a "typical Henderson round" although the round was entertaining. Early Hendo got the better on the feet and took Belfort down. He controlled position everytime on the ground, despite a few reverals which Hendo got out of soon thereafter he was in control of the round and more effective.

Round 2: Not an exciting round, mostly Henderson taking Belfort down and controlling him on the ground. On the feet later in the round Belfort landed a decent body kick, that was pretty much all his offense for the round. I've got it 2-0 Henderson, although a couple people watching here with me gave Belfort the first round (and no, they don't know fighting well enough for their opinion to matter).

Round 3: Another semi-uneventful round. Mostly spent with Henderson out-wrestling Belfort and controlling position on the ground, where the entire round was spent. Belfort had a reversal early on and controlled top for a little bit, but was reversed. Belfort had a reversal right at the closing seconds, but didn't do anything with it. I've got 3-0 Henderson.

Dan Henderson def. Vitor Belfort via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-24) after 3 Rounds.

Fight #5:
-Butterbean vs. Sean O'Haire

Round 1: Quick fight with O'Haire using the complete wrong game plan, trying only for his puncher's chance. Against Butterbean, if you're not a kickboxer like Mirko CroCop or a boxer like Floyd Mayweather - with no other experienced MMA skills other than some kickboxing training, don't just exchange with Butterbean and hope for the best. That's legitimately all O'Haire seemed to be doing, before an exchange in the clinch where a big inside punch from Butterbean landed, almost crippling O'Haire. Referee quickly stopped it.

Butterbean def. Sean O'Haire via TKO (strikes) at 0:29 of Round 1.

Fight #6:
-Josh Barnett vs. Pawel Nastula

Round 1: After a long intermission, we're back. Round one here was a Nastula round, with him getting a couple takedowns and controlling the action throughout the round. As the round ended, Nastula - who was on top, remained on the ground holding his leg/knee. Didn't see why his knee would be hurting.

Round 2: Round opens with Nastula getting a takedown again. Round was going the same way for most part of the round, until the referee stood the fight up for a lull in the action. On the feet, Nastula came incredibly close to knocking Barnett out with his hands. He got him down again, but after Barnett recovered he reversed Nastula with relative ease and dove for his feet, grabbed onto an ankle and Nastula was tapping before I honestly even realized Barnett had fully sunk in the submission.

Josh Barnett def. Pawel Nastula via Submission (ankle lock) at 3:04 of Round 2.

Fight #7:
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Kevin Randleman

Round 1: Round begins with Randleman practically in the middle of the ring as the ref started the fight, he immediately took Shogun down. He controlled him for a while, but Shogun was very busy underneath going for submission attempts. Eventually, Shogun gets an ankle/foot of Randleman's and attempts multiple submissions on it. Randleman didn't really defend the entire time, but was in my opinion just refusing to give up and trying just to survive the pain, maybe hoping Shogun would gas his arms out in the process. Shogun would give up on his submission a few times, seemingly each time Randleman looked like he was finally about to tap as Shogun would let go, but Shogun eventually switched to a kneebar and Randleman tapped.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua def. Kevin Randleman via Submission (kneebar) at 2:35 of Round 1.

Fight #8:
-Fedor Emelianenko vs. Mark Coleman

Round 1: All Fedor, I'm behind so I'll keep it short. Coleman only tried takedowns, never got it, and Fedor was pummeling him in the process. Coleman's left eye is swollen and bleeding and Coleman looks to have given up already.

Round 2: Round two opened with a slight feel out process, Coleman stunned our room by landing a big shot standing that woke up Fedor. Coleman eventually got a takedown - first of the fight, and not much after that Fedor from the bottom got an armbar, finishing the fight the same way as the first one.

Fedor Emelianenko def. Mark Coleman via Submission (armbar) at 2:09 of Round 2.