PDA

View Full Version : Sheryl Crow undergoes cancer surgery

OMEN
02-27-2006, 01:42 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/24/crow.cancer/story.crow.cancer.gi.jpg
Doctors say singer Sheryl Crow's chances of beating breast cancer are excellent.
Although she split from cyclist Lance Armstrong, singer Sheryl Crow got a taste of what her ex-fiance went through during his battle against cancer.

The Grammy Award winner underwent surgery Wednesday for "minimally invasive" breast cancer, and her prognosis is excellent, her publicist said Friday.

"I am inspired by the brave women who have faced this battle before me and grateful for the support of family and friends," Crow said in a written statement. "I am joining the more than 200,000 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year."

Crow, who turned 44 this month, will receive radiation treatments as a precaution, but her doctors are optimistic, Dave Tomberlin of Interscope Geffen A&M Records said in a statement.

She is postponing her North American tour scheduled for March and April, but Tomberlin said, "It is Sheryl Crow's intention to reschedule as much of the tour as reasonably possible."

The singer recently broke up with seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong.

Crow and Armstrong announced their engagement in September, but issued a statement earlier this month saying, "We have made a very tough decision to split up." It would have been her first marriage and his second.

Armstrong, 35, overcame testicular cancer that had spread to his lungs and brain to become the most dominant athlete in cycling.

His seven straight Tour de France titles from 1999 to 2005 are a race record. He retired after winning his last race, with Crow cheering him on.

CNN

Good luck to Sheryl in her fight against cancer,I hope she beasts the disease and remains clear of it after the surgery.

Kellie
02-27-2006, 02:43 AM
Sad news, I wish her all the best