PDA

View Full Version : Kylie dreams of being an Aussie hippie

Kellie
11-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Kylie dreams of being an Aussie hippie

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/img/entertainment/0911_minogue_a.jpg

Kylie Minogue sometimes dreams of releasing the Aussie hippie within.

While she is not ready to give up show business yet, she says a quieter life is on the horizon.

"I can't even (imagine stopping)," Minogue said after the launch of her perfume, Darling, in Sydney.

"Not yet, just not yet.

"I dream of that kind of thing. Sometimes I want to release that earthy Australian hippie ... get your tent, go out learn how to catch a wave and walk through the rainforest ... be an Aussie chick."

The Australian singer launched her first fragrance on Wednesday night at a mansion in Sydney's exclusive Vaucluse.

"Darling, it's such a warm word. I use it with my friends, my mother uses it with me and it's a little bit showbiz," Minogue said.

Wearing a black, knee-length, Audrey Hepburn-style dress decorated with Bulgari diamonds, Minogue said she expected Aussies wouldn't be able to resist shortening the name to "Darl".

Minogue arrived home on Sunday excited about finally being able to perform in Australia again.

The Melbourne-born former soap star had to postpone the Australian leg of her Showgirl Homecoming tour when she was diagnosed with breast cancer in May last year.

She took a break from tour rehearsals to launch the fragrance and admitted having a little help in designing the perfume.

"I did ask my boyfriend as we were testing the fragrance - he likes it," said Minogue, who is dating French actor Oliver Martinez.

Australia's pop princess said she was excited at the chance to perform again after the long lay-off.

"I'm just going to try and enjoy the moment, roll with the crowd and take a few more risks," she said.

That said, Minogue admitted she wasn't physically able to do the same high performance show she was known for before her illness.

"I actually can't do the same things," she said.

"I can't wear the same costumes.

"How can I do that a year-and-a-half later and feel that I'm meant to be replicating what that was, when I'm not the same person?"

İAAP 2006