PDA

View Full Version : Former ECW Diva Announces Retirement

AFC1986
11-10-2006, 01:42 PM
On her MySpace.com page earlier today (myspace.com/francinefournier), Francine Fournier announced that she was retiring from professional wrestling once she fulfills her existing dates through the end of the year. Francine's reasons for retiring are that she wants to have a normal life and a family. Here is her retirement message:

Time to call it quits...

Hey all. I am typing this with a heavy heart right now. I have made the decision to "retire" from the wrestling business. It has been a sometimes great, sometimes not-so-great 13 years, but I think it is now time to move on with my life. I have not accepted any bookings after December. Now, there is a chance, (be it a small chance) that I might work on a show in the future, but I will not be doing this for a living anymore. If I do decide to work, it will only be a select numbers of shows, mainly just to catch up with good friends. But that might not even happen. I want to have a family and a normal homelife. One without the stress and hassle of what is known as the wrestling business. Believe me, I will miss performing for all of you. This was my life for over a decade, as it's going to be hard to stay away. But I feel it is time to move on and pass the torch to the "newer divas' lol.

There are too many people to thank individually, so I am going to just say "THANK YOU" to each person that I have worked with along the way. And a huge 'THANK YOU" to all of you for making me what I am today. I said it before and I'll say it again, without you guys and girls, there would be no me. I LOVE YOU ALL!!! Thank you for booing me when I was the trashy heel and cheering me when I was the sweet babyface. And thank you for not only caring about Francine the performer, but also caring about Francine the person. You will all remain in my heart forever! Take care and God Bless!

Francine xoxo

Metalring
11-10-2006, 06:56 PM
That sucks.I wish her well on her future endeavors.

Will
11-11-2006, 08:03 AM
This isn't really that big of a surprise, after all her career peaked a decade ago and I doubt she has much interest in working the indy circuit. I wonder what she plans to do to make a living though. I doubt she has made enough money in wrestling to be unemployed for very long.

onetruefranchise
11-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Isn't she involved in the Wrestling Vixxxens with Missy Hyatt? Tammy was...but now runs a tanning salon...and I was thinking that Francine and Missy were still friends. I could be wrong though.

Will
11-15-2006, 04:20 AM
Isn't she involved in the Wrestling Vixxxens with Missy Hyatt? Tammy was...but now runs a tanning salon...and I was thinking that Francine and Missy were still friends. I could be wrong though.

Missy actually left wrestling vixxxens and started her own site in 2004 (http://www.missyhyatt.net/). You are right that one of the people involved with it was Francine, but I have never been a member so I don't know if she still poses on it.

negomanj
11-16-2006, 09:49 AM
Too bad man but if she wants that
let her go