PDA

View Full Version : Christian Speaks On Jericho, Sting, WWE, More

King Venomation - X
03-01-2006, 12:04 AM
Credit: Miss Jess & TNAWrestling.com

The interview starts off with Christian in their green room. One of Bubba's gimmicks on the show is that he has a hidden cam and mic in the green room to capture what his guests say before they actually go live. Nothing much was revealed here. Christian was just making small talk with the Spike rep that was along for the ride.

Once Christian came out Bubba told him about it and Christian had a bit of a laugh. He kept referring to Christian as "former WWE" and then, as if someone kept poking him with a stick, tacked on "now working in TNA, Jarrett's deal" which for those of you familiar with the show, know this is how he typically refers to TNA. Bubba started off asking him how things were down there to which Christian said that he loved working there. It is lots of fun and it's been an awesome experience.

Bubba went on to talk about how Christian was always buried in the E and how things went even more downhill after his split with Edge. A few expletives were thrown around by Bubba's staff to which the surprised Christian said, "You can say "_ _ _ _" in here??!!" (Welcome to satellite radio!) A little bit more unrelated conversation went on as Bubba has THE hardest time staying on track.

When asked what was new, Christian plugged TNA's move to Primetime in April and said how working with Jarrett has been great. Bubba asked what was up with Edge since he thought there were problems between the two. Christian said they were still friends and there was absolutely no heat between the two of them.

Next question up was the inevitable, "Why did you leave WWE?" Christian said there were a lot of different reasons why. His contract was up and it came down to a "me being happy issue." Christian was tired of the 250+ days of the year on the road after eight years. The E offered him a three year deal complete with a raise and he walked away from it. He said the deal wasn't exactly what he was looking for but was a very nice offer. He stressed that he walked away from a lot of money.

Bubba asked if he walked away because he knew that coming to TNA was an option. Christian stated that he actually did not have any contact with TNA until his WWE deal had expired (10/31/05.) There were no negotiations between TNA and Christian before that but he definitely was looking at them as an option. Bubba wanted to know if he still kept in touch with anyone from there and Christian said that he is still close with a lot of them. Bubba joked about Edge begging Christian to get him in now that he was champ but Christian laughed it off.

More was asked about TNA and the move to primetime was once again plugged. Bubba started asking who all Christian was working with down there. First name mentioned was "Team 3D." Who? The Dudleys… At the mention of their name Bubba's interest level piqued. Christian went on to say Jarrett and Rhino were there as well. Someone on Bubba's staff was excited to hear about Rhino. Bubba asked if they taped in Memphis and when Christian corrected him by saying Orlando Bubba was definitely more excited. (Bubba is located in Tampa.) Bubba asks Christian if he can get him into a future show. He wants to hold up a sign in the third row saying, "I'm Gay For Christian!"

Once that bit of off-topic conversation ended Bubba was going on about Jericho's wife and Christian's. He can't decide which one was hotter. One of Bubba's crew mentioned Jericho having a child and they started talking about how his wife was a MILF. Christian just chuckled. Bubba asked what's going on with Jericho leaving. Christian replied that with Jericho, "he's kind of in the same boat- just tired of the business." Bubba wanted to know if there was any chance of Jericho showing up in TNA. Christian came back with a "Never say never." He did also say that Jericho really doesn't have plans to return to wrestling anytime soon.

They cut to a quick break and when they returned Bubba announced that his guest was the "TNA Heavyweight Champion Christian" but Christian quickly corrected him by saying he was the NWA WORLD Heavyweight champ. Christian definitely sounded very proud of that fact and stressed heavily that it was the NWA title he held.

Bubba started asking questions about his PPV match against Monty Brown. Bubba apparently did his homework because he gave out a good bit of info about Monty. He was saying that Christian better take him seriously because "he's no joke. He was in the Superbowl with the Pats and he definitely has a better physique. Christian said that there was no way he was going to underestimate Monty Brown and then did a great job of putting him over. He stressed that Monty has a "tons of personality and the kind of charisma that you just can't teach."

More off-topic conversation that can't be shared…

They got back on topic by discussing Monty's finisher, The Pounce, and then Bubba asked what Christian was using as a finisher these days (the Unprettier.) He asked Christian to describe it and then Bubba asked him if he would do it on one of the guys there in the studio. Christian said he couldn't because it would kill someone. They settle on giving some chops to the unfortunate Coco. Bubba played some "entrance music" and Coco came out shirtless cutting a promo on Christian. Bubba tells Christian to "give it to him like it was a shoot" and Christian said he'd feel bad doing that. Bubba laughs and says that it's okay because Coco gets paid a lot to put up with this kind of stuff.

"SMACK"

OWWWWWWW!!

That's all we heard next and that was from the chest chop. Bubba tells Christian to give him one across the face and man, it sounded stiff. They talk about how that's the worst thing that you can do to a guy, give him a "b*tchslap in the face." The guys agreed they'd rather be punched any day than take that. You don't slap a guy unless you want to have a fight. Bubba jokes and asks if this is what he was going to do to Monty. Christian just kind of chuckled.

Bubba starts tearing into HHH (which did segue but I missed that part in my notes.) It was pretty funny stuff. More censored conversation follows…

Bubba asks Christian what his prediction is for his match against Monty at March's PPV (Destination X, March 12- not the 11th like Bubba said.) Christian responded, "I'm going to beat him right in the middle of the ring. I've busted my ass for 12 years to get the NWA belt." I was slightly disappointed to not hear, "cause that's how I roll here." It would have fit so perfectly.

Next question Bubba asked was about Sting. (Bubba had a lot of good things to say about Sting.) Christian said that Sting came back, they tagged victoriously and then Sting retired the next night. He went into how Sting and his family are being stalked by Alex Shelley and the infamous "Shelley Cam." Bubba went on to say how they really need Sting to get back on the roster because of what he represents to the business. He also mentioned Jericho again and how he'd like to see him back too.

To end out the interview Bubba offered his help to TNA. "Give me the lines. I'll mess with the competition. I'm national.

Austinfan4Life
03-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Very interesting show.. I like the Shooting.. Its like a Western..LOL

mememe
03-01-2006, 07:58 PM
haha i love it how Bubba is talking trash about Triple H, man alot of people don't like him