PDA

View Full Version : TNA shoots angle at WWE headquaters

AFC1986
11-13-2006, 04:47 PM
source: gerweck.net

TNAwrestling.com has posted a video online that features The James Gang aka The Voodoo Kin Mafia standing in front of WWE headquaters in Stamford, CT talking about the canceled TNA house show. You can check out the video at this link. (http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1002)

Will
11-13-2006, 10:57 PM
wow this storyline is brilliantly written. Blatantly Ripping off a DX angle from 10 years ago is going to push TNA straight to the top of the wrestling world.

onetruefranchise
11-14-2006, 05:45 PM
At least it's something a little different for TNA fans...who many of may not have a lot of background on what happened back during the Monday night wars. I know it's hard to believe that those people are out there...but...they are.

Will
11-14-2006, 06:12 PM
No its not. Every guy that has come from WWE to TNA has done nothing but bitch and moan about how Vince did them wrong and Vince is the root of all evil, it just makes TNA look weak and all the guys look jealous that they aren't working for the top company anymore. TNA needs to set themselves apart from the crowd, not copy other peoples angles. WCW didn't climb to the top by copying WWF's cartoon characters, they did it by introducing the tweener and blurring the lines between face and heel. WWE didn't climb back to the top by copying the old NWA and having the horseman running the show, they did it by introducing characters that didn't fit the mold of what "superstars" should be. Companies in this business only break out when they do something new and original. The fact of the matter is that TNA is losing 3 million dollars a month and ratings are down across the board. They need to do something drastic, not something that someone else already did.

onetruefranchise
11-14-2006, 07:09 PM
WCW brought in Hogan, Savage, Hall and Nash and a slew of others...who ranted on the WWE. And WWE did bring in talent like the Dudleys...RVD...Jericho...and others from WCW and ECW...and "invaded" WCW land. Look at Umaga. Despite his tattoos his run is a blatant rip off of Samoa Joe...as is the basis of the character. The current DX is a repeat...with a new edge to them. WWE trashed ECW publically...even on their own branded PPV.

So not everyone is homegrown...or original. And right now coming up with something original for anyone is next to impossible.

Yes...I do want TNA to establish their own marquee talent...ie Styles, Samoa Joe and others...but bringing in added and more established talent only helps the entire mix. And no...I don't think rehashing old storylines will get get you to the top. But from time to time...finding a way to mix everything together can only be a benefit...especially for those fans who are new to the product...and maybe to wrestling as a whole.

Will
11-14-2006, 10:23 PM
WCW brought in Hogan, Savage, Hall and Nash and a slew of others...who ranted on the WWE. And WWE did bring in talent like the Dudleys...RVD...Jericho...and others from WCW and ECW...and "invaded" WCW land. Look at Umaga. Despite his tattoos his run is a blatant rip off of Samoa Joe...as is the basis of the character. The current DX is a repeat...with a new edge to them. WWE trashed ECW publically...even on their own branded PPV.

I'm not sure if you are trying to prove a point, or prove my point. I don't think that you are looking at the big picture. I'm referring to the people that actually mattered in the most profitable eras( ie the NWO, Vince Mcmahon and Austin). Savage and Hogan may have been disgruntled employees when WCW brought them to the company in the early 90's, and WCW lost millions in that era. It wasn't until Nash and Hall came in in 96-97 and were entirely anti-wcw (a totally new concept) that WCW began making money. The NWO era didn't involve cheapshots on the WWF at all. It was a fresh angle and it made the company hundreds of millions of dollars.

None of that "WWE talent" that you mentioned mattered at all in the attitude era. WWE's most profitable era rested solely on the shoulders of Steve Austin, who was a rebellious character that the business had never seen before.

Yes...I do want TNA to establish their own marquee talent...ie Styles, Samoa Joe and others...but bringing in added and more established talent only helps the entire mix. And no...I don't think rehashing old storylines will get get you to the top. But from time to time...finding a way to mix everything together can only be a benefit...especially for those fans who are new to the product...and maybe to wrestling as a whole.

hmm you have a good point in there, but my point all along has not been that TNA can not copy some things. It is that TNA does it all the time and they are not trying to set themselves apart. We can probably both agree that TNA needs to take more risks and be more original most the time right?

m14513
11-18-2006, 10:14 PM
do you hate tna just wondering

Will
11-19-2006, 06:15 AM
I love TNA. Its the only wrestling show that I watch every week. However I'm not the type to just sit by and say nothing while something I care about dies, and please don't be naive and think that it is not dying. The ratings are in the toilet and they are losing millions of dollars every month. In order to grow, you have to change, and TNA refuses to change. They just keep rehashing the same old stuff while everyone else moves on.

m14513
11-19-2006, 05:31 PM
thanks for the answer i love it too. i hope it can live for a long time.