PDA

View Full Version : PPV in the UK?

AFC1986
11-13-2006, 10:23 PM
source: lordsofpain.net

According to WrestleMag.com, WWE is strongly considering holding a pay-per-view in the United Kingdom in the next year to 18 months. Below is the exclusive WrestleMag.com report: "According to several sources I’ve spoken to over the past few days, dates in Autumn 2007 and Spring 2008 have been looked at, and although at time of writing this I’m not aware of firm dates being agreed, it appears that both WWE and BSkyB are keen for a UK based PPV event to take place. I’ve heard nothing to suggest that the PPV would only air live to the UK market, and although broadcasting back home to the United States and worldwide would cause a major headache for WWE, it’s not entirely out of the question."

Will
11-13-2006, 10:46 PM
source: lordsofpain.net

According to WrestleMag.com, WWE is strongly considering holding a pay-per-view in the United Kingdom in the next year to 18 months. Below is the exclusive WrestleMag.com report: "According to several sources I’ve spoken to over the past few days, dates in Autumn 2007 and Spring 2008 have been looked at, and although at time of writing this I’m not aware of firm dates being agreed, it appears that both WWE and BSkyB are keen for a UK based PPV event to take place. I’ve heard nothing to suggest that the PPV would only air live to the UK market, and although broadcasting back home to the United States and worldwide would cause a major headache for WWE, it’s not entirely out of the question."

I read something several months ago where Jim Ross said the same thing. It wouldn't even be hard to do. They have a strong enough fan base to support it and they would just have to have it at like noon(UK time) and then it would still come on at the same time in the states.

Dangerous Incorporated
11-14-2006, 12:04 AM
I edited as most of this has been already posted.

wm22champ
11-14-2006, 05:47 AM
hey, they did a PPV in Puerto Rico (even thought that is US territory).
A UK PPV would be cool......
As long as it airs here.