PDA

View Full Version : Tazz Injured; Returns Next Week, Guest Colour Commentator

Dangerous Incorporated
11-14-2006, 05:26 AM
Tazz Injured; Returns Next Week, Guest Colour Commentator

I got word from WWE/ECW.com that Elijah Burke will be a guest color commentator filling in for Tazz

This is the Statement from Tazz:

Last Friday, Tazz received treatment for a torn meniscus, a frayed collateral ligament, frayed cartilage and arthritis. He will be watching all the action while recovering at home.

“Everybody in ECW has seen me limping around the last few weeks, in pain,” Tazz admitted.

Tazz’s knee problems are nothing new. They spur from an old injury that has lasted so long that the Extremist commentator couldn’t even pinpoint when the damage began.

“I did a lot of heavy legwork for a lot of years,” Tazz said. “When I wrestled, I never wore knee pads. I wasn’t a high flyer in the ring, but I still bounced around and ran around the ring and I just wore down my knee.”

Barely able to walk at the moment, Tazz expects to be on his feet again by the weekend. He would no doubt try to tough out the injury, but his condition prevents him from experiencing the pressure involved in flying overseas.

Tazz added that Burke has excellent microphone skills and he knows that the young Extremist is quick-witted enough to handle the new role. Having the experienced Joey Styles next to him will also be a help.

“And for Tazz fans,” Tazz announced, “he will be back next week at the Nassau Coliseum.”