PDA

View Full Version : Re-Cap of Rodney Mack on Wrestling Epicentre

OMEN
03-11-2006, 11:37 PM
REDD DOGG" RODNEY MACK INTERVIEW
Interview conducted by James Walsh and "The Potato Stuck in Throat Guy"
Transcript by Chris Furguson

Rodney Mack's Theme brings us into the Rodney Mack interview, who says it's an honor and pleasure.

James brings up the "The Wrestling Underground" PPV, where Scott Hudson said Rodney lost everything during Hurricane Katrina. When asked if it's true, Rodney says he lost "some stuff, but we were fortunate that we didn't lose as much as a lot of other people."

Rodney thought the PPV itself was "okay." He clarifies that he didn't mean that negatively.

Rodney Mack's childhood, as he says, "I was born and raised on a pit bull farm." He later says that he personally raise thousands of dogs and was never bitten once!

WWE Legend and Hall of Famer, "Junk Yard Dog" trained Rodney. Rodney says "It was like ultimately a dream come true, because JYD was my idol." He references his childhood again, saying "I was born on a dog farm and everything just happened."

They bring up ECW, where Rodney was during the their dying days. That was not where Rodney met Jazz, though. They met while training with JYD in '97. Rodney then says that Jazz was the only training partner that stuck with him!

Rodney thought ECW was peaking during the "dying days," as they were selling out arenas at the time.

Did Jazz get Rodney's his job in ECW? No. Rodney credits Rod Price for getting him his job along with Jazz. Rodney then puts Rod over as "one of the most underrated guys that ever laced up a pair of boots."

How did Rodney get to the WWE? He says there aren't enough minutes on his phone to explain it! Rodney says he worked ECW for a year and a half before he got a dark match with them! Rodney then sent WWE tapes and kept in touch over the phone. He later asked, when they came to his area (Louisiana), if he could work out with them!

The conversation goes into how Jazz was under contract with OVW, so Rodney moved there with her, without pay, and began working with Jim Cornette. Jim is another person Rodney puts over as helping his career.

Rodney goes into a bit into how he felt walking through those curtains, with 40 thousand people, for his debut.

James has the next question "Now that you've been out of there [WWE] for a while, do you still have the urge to make it back?" Rodney says, "Of course..." before saying that he left on good terms. He then puts over just about the entire roster as being friendly.

Rodney's relationship with Teddy Long is up next. "Teddy. Man, I love Teddy!" Mr. Mack then goes into how Teddy took care of Rodney and Jazz when they were starting out.

James brings up Ron Simmons, who Rodney puts over highly as well.

The next topic is John Cena, whom Rodney worked with briefly during his debut. "Let me tell you something. John Cena and I, we go way back. Man, we're really tight."

The "White Boy Challenge" is brought up. Rodney's "not really sure" who created the gimmick, but he credits Vince for bring it out.

James asks the question about Racism. After having to repeat himself, Rodney goes "Oh, hell yeah! Since the days I started in the independents to ECW and WWE. I was cool with a bunch of the guys, but I mean it's there."

The injury he suffered (against the Hurricane), that put Rodney out of the WWE is up next. The Hurricane was going to give him a cross body which Rodney was going to counter into a powerslam. However, Hurricane slipped off the rope and Rodney, instinctively, changed the move and took his own knee out, lest he kill his opponent.

Was the injury the end of his career in the WWE? Rodney mentions he was on his way up with the "King of the White Boy Challenge" gimmick, but then they [WWE] started tagging him up with people like Chris Nowitski, "The whitest boy in America."

The rumor about Rodney coming back as a "Junk Yard Dog" clone before he got his release is brought up. Rodney has no idea if it's true, then goes on to mention that he his first gimmick in the indys was as the nephew of the Junk Yard Dog, "J.Y. Pup."

Did Rodney know the WWE would release him the way they did? "No, not at all." Rodney goes into how his return was on Heat, doing a run-in against Steven Richards (who was in a drag gimmick.) Rodney slides into the ring, grabs Richards, who then turns around and knocks him out.

Rodney then goes into how he can't sleep at night knowing what happened to him. He says "I feel, deep down in my heart, I did everything I could. Well, everything they asked me to do. It was not myself, I did nothing wrong."

Has Rodney been in talks with TNA? He's been speaking to them, off and on. He then goes into a bit about, while he's not one of the greatest of all time, he's better than one of most of the guys on TV now.

Rodney then puts Jazz over as one of the best women's wrestlers of all time before going into how he and Jazz have had to struggle their way through the business.

The conversation turns towards Rodney's "Dirtysouth Championship Wrestling." Mack goes into how DCW is "old-school," with psychology and wrestling. They "entertain by beating each other's ass!"

Why go to Rodney's school instead of anyone else's? "People who know us know that we're real, we're sincere. The reason we're doing this is not for the money. I am doing this to give back to the business."

In order to get in touch with Rodney's school, you can call him at (337) 684-1134.

After a miss cut, we go into:

Word Associations:

Mark Henry: "Great Guy. Mark is one of the best people walking."

Bull Buchanan: "Bull is another guy who earned his way."

Bubba Dudley: "I have no respect for Bubba Dudley. I really would like to meet Bubba in a alley one day!" Rodney goes into how Bubba is a "Player hater."

D-Von Dudley: "One of the greatest guys I ever met. I love him to death."

Chris Nowitsky: "Great guy. Great guy. He really is."

Johnny Ace: "Johnny was really good to me and Jazz."

New Jack: "New Jack is my boy, man. A lot of people don't like New Jack. You know why? Because he's real."

Tony DaVito: "Baldies and I were close." Rodney then goes into how he hates two people in the business: Bubba and Big Vito!

The conversation goes into how Vito disrespected Rodney when Rodney came into ECW.

Paul Heyman: "Paul E. was great to me. Paul E. is like a mentor to me."

Vince McMahon: "I want to give him all the thanks for giving me the opportunity to be a part of WWE. Of course, it made my dream come true. On the other hand, I feel I was treated poorly in the sense as far as giving a shot. I think I was misused. I don't think they let me do what I was capable of doing."

http://www.WrestlingEpicenter.com

Iam not that much of a fan of Rodney mack but this is quite a good interview and well worth a listen if you have the time.