PDA

View Full Version : Nick Malone's Wrestlemania 22 predictions

yankeesman77
03-12-2006, 01:01 AM
http://www.saxrev.com/wwe/2006/04/images/20060222_wm22_cenahhh.jpg

What we have here is the "King of Kings" trying to get back onto his throne but the new "People's Champ" John Cena, looks to defy the Game. But what Wrestlemania has become imfamous for always letting the Face or challenger come out on top. Thus incase people like Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania 20, Ultimate Warrior against Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 5 or 6 and also HBK beating Bret Hart. Unfortunatley I see no such luck for Cena. because maybe it's me but the "Cena Sucks" chants keep getting louder and louder each week on Raw. HHH is the best at putting people over and can do the same with Cena but in this scenario HHH is the better Wrestler, better entertainer and he puts the people in the Seats. I say HHH beats John Cena with the Pedigree to win the WWE Title for the 11th time just 5 away from 16 time World Champion Ric Flair which I think is HHH's drive to win that title and move closer to the mark of Flair.

http://www.saxrev.com/wwe/2006/04/images/20060222_wm22_ttm2.jpg

This match has the potential to steal the show. 3 very gifted Athletes in that ring fighting for the World Heavyweight Title. In my mind Kurt Angle is the best Wrestler ever. He is so sound in that ring technically and can be down right viscious if he wraps you in that ankel lock. on the other hand you have Rey Mysterio who techincally shouldnt be in it but to draw the fans the WWE put him in out of sympathy as he tries to renknew his faith in the "Late Great" Eddie Guerrero. Then you have the "Legend Killer" Randy Orton. Possibly one of the best wrestlers in this business at the 30 and below range. Ever since Randy Orton joined Evolution his carrer sky rocketed. But after he won the title in 2004 his carrer kinda slipped when the feud between him and HHH never worked exactly to what the wwe wanted. So last year when he faced the Undertaker I really saw him go into his own inside and outside of the ring. Orton has the skills to be a great Championand can and in my mind will do it again. Orton wins with a RKO on Kurt Angle.

http://www.saxrev.com/wwe/2006/04/images/20060227_wm22_moneybankladd1.jpg

When I watched this match for the first time last year it had me at hello if you can say that because of the ring work by the best Athlete in the wwe in Shelton Benjamin (not only T-Bone suplexing Edge off the ladder to a 10 - 15 foot drop but also running up the ladder to give Jericho a clothesline) and the air works by everybody in that match left me thinking that that match might not have put everybody in the seats but definitley left them standing in awe as we witnessed the match that stole the show. Aside from Shelton Benjamin being in the match again a new noteable brought into the match is RVD. RVD has always been a wrestler in my mind that can captivate anyone with his martial arts background and footwork not to mention the Five Star Frog Splash and the Rolling Thunder as well. But one pet peeve that I have about this match is letting Ric Flair be in this match. He just turned 57 and this match is for highflyers and people who can move well inside the ring at a fast pace. Ric Flair has considerably aged over the years but he still continues to plug it in night after night. A different element that was brought into the match this year was instead of letting one brand have the match Smackdown decided to join in the fun. I like this idea because of brand vs. brand action which is always good if it's competitive. From what we know so far. there are no superstars from Smackdown in that match. I speculate maybe Matt Hardy, Bobby Lashley and maybe just maybe Mrrrrrrrr. Kennnnnnnneeedddddyyyyy............... Keeeeennnnnnneedddyy. Hopefully hes back in time to wrestle which would definitley add some spark to that match. But my prediction on the winner will be RVD. But thats only because of what the WWE is doing with ECW 1 Night Stand x 2 in which place RVD might challenge HHH for the title in the Hammerstein Ballroom. I would pay to see that match.

http://www.saxrev.com/wwe/2006/04/images/20060227_wm22_vincehbk.jpg

This match is similar to the one that Hulk Hogan had with Vince back at Wrestlemania 19 in the fact that he wants to get rid of Michaels. I would have loved to seen Shane who is more athletically fit than his father fight Michaels at Mania but with Shane and his wife expecting another kid thats out of the question as we have to settle for Michaels vs. Shane at SNME. The WWE is trying to pump Vince off and publicize that he isnt "The ordinary 60 year old" with that body that resembles a lot of training. But quite honestly just because Hogan was more of an entertainer and knew how to draw and attract the fans into the event that it wont have the same affect this year that it did 3 years ago. Michaels is great inside the ring especially with that Superkick that could pop off at any moment. I see McMahon getting exactly what he deserved for all of the humiliation he put Michaels through over the comeing weeks in the buildup to the match. I see HBK winning this one with the deadly Superkick although you may see Stephanie or even Linda try to help out Head Honcho McMahon win the match.

http://www.saxrev.com/wwe/2006/04/images/20060306_wm22_edgefoleyhard1.jpg

Edge is undefeated at Wrestlemania. Foley has never had that defining moment in the sun that has Captioned his WWE Carrer. In Foleies own enviroment in a Chicago Street fight No Less. I dont see Edge winning this one although the last time Foley was in a sadistic match like a streetfight he lost to Randy Orton. I see Foley winning this one then casting off into the Sunset and resting down in Montauk for the rest of his life a happy man knowing the satisfaction of winning "a big match at Wrestlemania". I see Mick Foley winning this one.

the rest of my predictions are that of what they are because I dont feel like writing out fully what I feel is necessary.

JBL vs. Benoit for the U.S Title = JBL

Carlito & Masters vs. Kane and Big Show for the WWE Tag Titles = Carlito and Masters setting up a possible feud between Kane and Show.

Undertaker vs. Mark Henry in a Casket Match = Undertaker now 14 & 0.

feel free to give your predictions as well.

Dynamite06
03-14-2006, 10:03 PM
WWE Championship Match - this is a no brainer John Cena is going to win because the wwe is trying to get the fans to go for Cena cause they believe he could be a good face but the fans are disagreeing and are treating him like a heel, but either way Cena is winning this one.

World Heavyweight Championship - honestly it has to go to Angle or Orton because if Rey gets the win, they are seriously stupid and every single one of their viewers are going to go watch TNA cause they are sucking this Eddie thing dry, for god's sake they had Chavo beat Snisky on HEAt... SNISKY and Rey wouldn't be able to get it done as champ.

Money In The Bank Ladder Match - The first Money In The Back Ladder Match was awesome, Edge winning was also cool but that was obvious that he was going to get the title as per Ney Years Revolution, so i expect the same with the winner of this match, the winner however is hard to choose because its interpromotional but every website is saying RVD but i am going with Ric Flair

Mr. McMahon vs HBK - I find this match as pointless as every other Mr. McMahon match, sure he has a great physic but he is no wrestler, i expect a squash match with either HBK winning or Vince winning with interference by Shane.

Edge vs Mick Foley - Oh Dear God, why is this match on the card, Edge calls Mick over rated, dude should obviously look in the mirror, i mean come on Edge has became HHH when it comes to promos you can actually predict what he's going to say "I AM THE RATED R SUPERSTAR" plz the only rated r superstar on Raw is Val Venis cause his movies are actually rated R (i no he doesnt have any) so im going to say a very long win for Edge, he's going to show boat and it will get pointless.

JBL vs Benoit - Benoit is going to win this by DQ, making this fued go on longer.

Carlito/ Masters vs Kane/Show - Kane/Show are going to win or Carlito/Masters is going to win but either Kane/Show is going to break the Masterlock (plz god lets hope so)

Undertaker vs Mark Henry - Taker is going to win and im sensing a hidden stipulation like a Number 1 contender match at Judgement Day

will be updated with more matches as they are announced also there will probably b more interpromotional matches i hope and Finly vs Lashley

Jay M Punkster
03-14-2006, 11:15 PM
nicely written.
i think it will be
wwe tittle match=hhh
world tittle=orton
money in the bank=rvd
us tittle=benoit help from austin
womens tittle=mickie james
casket match=taker
hbk vs vince=hbk
tag tittles =carlito and masters.