PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Cricket fans out there!!!

Adam Copeland2
03-12-2006, 06:02 PM
God, I have just witnessed THE GREATEST ODI Ever played, Australia vs South Africa(12 Mar 2006) 5th match of Australia's Tour of South Africa. Even the commentators stated - "This IS the greatest ODI ever played...". If any cricket fan out there has missed it, then they have just missed a once in a lifetime experience.
It'as so gr8 that I cud have even paid to c it. Australins battered the south africans with a whooping total of 434!Yet, guess who won! South Africa!If u dont beleive it, check the replays for urselves...it had everything u cud ask 4 in a match. Any1 else here have seen it,and is excited enough to share the thrill of this experience with me?
Pls reply...:)

OMEN
03-12-2006, 08:44 PM
I have to admit that it was one of the best games of cricket iam ever likely to see and all credit goes to South Africa for making this a thrilling game right till the end.
At the end of the Australian innings most people thought that the game was over and that they would win the series 3-2 but that was before the Mighty Springboks took to the field and scored the biggest total of runs by any team in One day Internationals.
After watching this game i cannot wait for the tests to begin..

Straight Edge
03-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Yes it was a really good game, and one I enjoyed watching earlier. I didn't think it was possible for South Africa to actually get past 434 (especially after Dippanear was bowled out for 1), but they did thanks to some superb batting performances

Adam Copeland2
03-13-2006, 07:13 AM
how many records did this match break?

hbk=god
03-14-2006, 07:58 PM
This match was the best ever. I really thought South Africa were screwed after Dippenaar got out when the score was 3. But they proved me wrong and made it the most exciting match ever.
Most runs scored in a match-872
Highest score by a team-438/9
Fastest 150-Ponting(99 balls)
most expensive figures-Mick Lewis(123 runs in 10 overs)
Most runs scored in boundaries-Gibbs(126)
Most sixes-26
Most fours-87(i'm not sure about these two)

This match must have broken more records, but that's all i remember.