PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk, Kane, Guerrero Tribute Dvd And More

Dangerous Incorporated
12-04-2006, 03:02 AM
CM PUNK, KANE, GUERRERO TRIBUTE DVD AND MORE

WWE Magazine is doing an online promotion where anyone signing up for a subscription receives an exclusive, free "Behind the Scenes" DVD which includes footage of different photo shoots.

CM Punk was interviewed by the Charleston Post and Courier in South Carolina at this link. (http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPages/departmental/news/Stories.aspx?section=sports&tableId=121139&pubDate=12/3/2006) Punk noted his drive to be hired by WWE, feeling it was time to move on from the company where he first truly carved his niche, Ring of Honor, commenting, "It was bittersweet, but I knew that I had to move on. That was totally my choice. I had done everything that I could possibly do there (Ring of Honor), and I needed more challenges. I like to be challenged on a daily basis. I wanted to see if I could make it here in WWE. I got in the best shape I possibly could, and I got a bunch of bookings for extra work in dark matches. I just tried to give them no excuse why they shouldn't hire me."

Kane discussed appearing in "See No Evil", which was released on DVD this past Tuesday with the Ottawa Sun at this link (http://ottsun.canoe.ca/Sports/OtherSports/2006/12/03/2606409-sun.html). He said the move to Smackdown is a good one for him, but different because the show is taped as opposed to live. He also noted that since "Evil" was produced by WWE, it was going to face predisposed notions from the critics, so his focus was on entertaining horror film and WWE fans.

Big Vision Entertainment nationally released "Vive Guerrero: A Tribute in Memory Eddie Guerrero" this past week. The DVD notes that a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Eddie Guerrero's family. Promotional material for the DVD reads, "Once in a lifetime a performer comes along who touches the hearts of MILLIONS worldwide. Eddie Guerrero was one of those performers. Decimating the "glass ceiling" which had held back dozens of other talented Hispanic and light heavyweight wrestlers - Eddie became one of the most beloved wrestling champions of all time before his unexpected death in 2005. On one special night, the biggest names in Mexican wrestling joined with Eddie’s legendary family to pay tribute to a true superstar who was taken before his time."

Matches listed for the DVD are:

*Hijo Del Santo vs. Blue Demon, Jr.

*"Los Guerreros" Chavo, Mondo, & Hector vs. Villano IV, Rey Misterio, & Haku

*L.A. Park vs. Super Parka

*"Super Porky" Brazo De Plata vs. Black Warrior

*Minis Match: Mascarita Sagrada vs. Piratia Morgan

*Also featured on the DVD are Black Tiger, Art "Tiger" Flores, Mr. Aguila, Damien 666, Heavy Metal, Felino, and Los Chivos.

Extras on the DVD include Guerrero vs. Super Crazy for the IWA Intercontinental championship, which took place at the debut Ring of Honor event in February 2002

Source: PWInsider