PDA

View Full Version : Redskins Sign Randle-El

digitalv
03-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Former Steelers wide receiver Antwaan Randle El has agreed to a six-year deal with the Washington Redskins, a source familiar with the negotiations told ESPN.com's Michael Smith.

Randle El turned down a six-year, $18 million offer from the Bears that included $8 million to sign.

The Redskins also acquired receiver Brandon Lloyd in a trade with the San Francisco 49ers on Saturday night. With the additions of Randle El and Lloyd to a receiving corps that already included Santana Moss and David Patten, Washington's offense has a Greatest Show on Turf feel for new coordinator Al Saunders.

Courtesy ESPN.com

Straight Edge
03-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Antwaan Randle El is a good reciever, and i'm sure that next season he'll have success with Washington. Washington's OL at the moment looks impressive, hopefully they can get the results during next season to take them to the SuperBowl

digitalv
03-13-2006, 03:55 AM
Washington will be an offensive juggernaut now. Signed one of the brightest offensive minded genius' in the game as O-Coordinator in Al Saunders and have bolstered their WR core with signing Randle-El and trading for Brandon Lloyd. I see the only problem at QB since I don't think Brunell can get in done in the clutch, but I guess thats what Jason Campbell is there for, QB of the future.

Flair Country
03-13-2006, 04:30 AM
I can't believe that the Steelers didn't re-sign Randel El!! They are famous for not spending the money to keep good players around. Hopefully we can pick up some good picks in the draft.

OMEN
03-13-2006, 09:53 PM
It's hard to believe that the Steelers could let one of their best offensive weapons Antwaan Randle El leave the club and sign for the Redskins.With the signing of Randle El and Brandon Lloyd the Redskins have improved their offense a great deal but i still do not see them getting past the Playoffs as they are still rebuilding the team and have too many weaknesses on both Offense and defence to go all the way.