PDA

View Full Version : The Warrior Speaks

Dangerous Incorporated
12-07-2006, 12:13 AM
The Warrior Speaks

http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/warriorsmachete/

Something to Be Tha(i)nkful About…

Posted in Uncategorized on November 23rd, 2006
Thanks for all the feedback letting me know the site is functioning. Appreciated. Things will be coming online…
I will use this blog for simple updates for the next few days till things get settled, then I will move simple updates to “Misc. Update” page at Main Site, as I told you. Don’t worry, I’ll give you directions and links…
Many of you followed up on my comments on the recent election asking me what I thought of us being begged to vote “for the lesser of two evils.” What, are you mind readers? I’d already written a draft on that exact thing. I will edit and post it asap.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Some of you wrote asking me advice about diet, that you needed to lose weight. Of course, I get plenty of emails asking for health and exercise advice. But I had to laugh when some of you asked me what I would suggest you eat tomorrow! Advise you about how to restrain your eating tomorrow, only one day before you go to Grandma’s for T-day, where she cooks everything with extra TLC (i.e., more sugar and butter and the stuff that is definitely not good for you)?
My advise is to eat as much as you can — I mean eat IT ALL. Eat till it starts seeping out the pores of your skin. Eat like 10 Pigs at a trough and there’s a demon in your head telling you that all the food in the World will be gone tomorrow. Eat till you get physically ill. And after you get sick, throw up — go eat more. Skip the turkey, pass right over all of the good stuff — go straight for the dessert table and eat every diabetes-engendering pie, cookie, and cake that is spread before you. Make sure you drink tons of fluids. This will bloat you and bring on nausea quicker. Whole milk is best. Once you’ve lost your appetite for being sick, force yourself to go out and run sprints, say 40 yards at least, if you can do 100 yarders, go for it, all the better. Run till you drop. Get up. Go again. Drop again. Go again till you drop again. I mean drop. Face down. Flat and out. Have one of your relatives watch so they can call 911 when you’ve pancaked.
This is my advice. If I was joking here about being ‘seriously’ asked at the last minute, I’d let you in on the joke. But I was not. More than a handful of people wrote and ask just as I’m telling you. When you take your health so unseriously, don’t expect others to make it serious for you. I just don’t know what else to tell you to have you get it that good health doesn’t start on its own. No one can buy it for you as a Christmas gift. You can’t get back what aspects of health you damage forever. I know they say: “When you love something set it free. If it comes back it was yours. if not, it never was.” Believe me, scrap this sentimentality when it comes to your health. Hold on to it and don’t listen when it growls that you are just too jealous to relax and give it some space. That’s the problem now. Too much space — your ass is taking up too much. It used to be when someone said, “Move your ass!” it meant let’s get going, speed it up a bit. Now, it really means: move THE ass. “Move your ass, so I can get around it.”
If your health has truly gone all to hell and you just keep stepping to the side letting it, the only way to whack your self-discipline back into taking orders again might be to make yourself sick near death about what you’ve become. Look, if you are overweight — do not eat. Discipline demands. It’s that simple.
You ever hear this phrase: “cold turkey?” Sure you have. Many people think it has to do with quitting “cold” smoking or drugs, etc. Wrong. A regular, very out-of-shape guy decided one Thanksgiving morning he’d had enough. So, somewhere, somehow, he summoned up the small bit of discipline he had within himself and didn’t eat anything that day and from that point on stayed on a healthy, consistent diet and exercise program and turned his whole life around. Still today, he goes “cold turkey” on T-day to honor the self-discipline he called into action on that one Thanksgiving years ago. Hey, ok, not so creative, but work with me here…I’m trying to help.
Here are couple great Thanksgiving sites. Print a couple stories out and read them with the family, especially your kids or nephews, nieces, grandkids, etc. American history stories are the best. All you fathers out there. Step up in your life. Be the leader. Show that you deserve that seat at the head of the table. It meant something at one time. Make it so again. Quit fantasizing about it — do it. When the family sits down to the table, tell them to sit back and relax for a minute, that you have a powerful, inspiring story to tell. One of great, magnificent importance. Make it tradition — right now. This Thanksgiving. Don’t put it off anymore. Bury your mind into the story and forget about your delivery. Believe me. Providence will take over and as the years go by, the storytelling you do will be THE highlight of every Thanksgiving from here on out, this year forward.
http://www.history.com/minisites/thanksgiving
http://www.thanksgiving.org/2us.html