PDA

View Full Version : CZW Results - 11th Mar 2006

LionDen
03-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Someone sent this to me:

CZW returned to the ECW Arena for the evening half...by which I mean a 9:00 pm start...of the blowaway doubleheader yesterday at the ECW Arena.

I'll say it again and again...THIS and the preceding Ring of Honor show and the crowds (not to mention the merchandise revenue) are what happens when independent promoters think with their brains, instead of well...other parts of their bodies. Working together will help everyone make money...make bruised egos feel much, much better...and allow people, both promoters and workers to do what they love....and allow us as fans to watch the spectacle.

The show started at somewhere between 9:00 and 9:15 pm as CZW's ring crew and assorted staff did a yeoman's job in turning over the Arena from ROH's set-up.

Match results (thanks for CZWfans.com for some of the details):

Adam Flash, Sonjay Dutt, and B-Boy defeated Nate Webb, Sexxxy Eddy and Messiah after B-Boy pinned Nate Webb

Hallowicked defeated Larry Sweeney, Jigsaw and Andy Sumner (pinning Jigsaw).

Justice Pain defeated El Generico after a Pain Thriller through chairs. To describe the match, Pain basically beat the sh*t out of El Generico. In a post-match out of character moment, Pain led the crowd in a standing ovation for El Generico. This match was far better than most thought it would be. While Pain got the majority of the offense, El Generico was able to get a decent amount of his own in, while being convincing.

Hardcore Nick Gage defeated DJ Hyde and Danny Havoc to retain the Ultraviolent Underground Title in a Panes Of Glass Deathmatch. Gage pinned Danny Havoc after a second rope piledriver through a pane of glass laid across chairs. Post-match, DJ Hyde gave Danny Havoc 2 shadow drivers into the shattered glass. Poor Danny Havoc seems to get over by how much of a beating he's willing to take show after show.

Kevin Steen defeated Super Dragon to retain the CZW Ironman Title (after the evening's interpromotional fun started with a run-in by BJ Whitmer) after a Steen 450 splash. Kevin Steen has no business being able to do such a move that well with his size). After the bout, Necro Butcher ran in, only to be jumped by Whitmer, then had his ankle put in a chair, then "Pillmanized".

In a wild high spot filled juniors match, Niles Young became the new CZW Junior Heavyweight Title defeating Derek Frazier, Sabian, Cheech, Cloudy and Heretic after a wild sequence that saw Derek Frazier hit a Spinning Tomikaze off a ladder through a table, Sabian gave Heretic a seated top rope double stomp wedged between a ladder and chair in the corner. In one of the sicker looking moves I've ever seen in the ECW Arena, Cloudy gave Cheech a Canadian Destroyer off the ring apron through a ladder wedged between the apron and guardrail.

In the main event...the Inter-Promotional tag team match, Ring of Honor's Austin Aries, Roderick Strong and Matt Sydal defeated BLK OUT's Ruckus, Eddie Kingston, along with Necro Butcher after Matt Sydal pinned Eddie Kingston following a Shooting Star Press in a great match to end an unbelievable day.

Post-match, Zandig, Lobo and The H8 Club made the save for CZW, with Pain and Zandig leading the crowd in an out of character moment thanking the crowd for a dream night (and afternoon); then back in character, bitched at Kingston for losing, designed to set up a H8 Club-Blackout match down the road.

Zandig said Ring of Honor "had better watch their ass come their 100th show on April 22nd in Philadelphia". Gabe Sapolsky responded sometime this AM while normal people were asleep with this tirade, making clear that this inter-promotional feud has legs:

"I've had enough. Our debut show at the former ECW Arena was completely ruined by those CZW idiots. Weedwackers? What the **** is that? The ROH roster is made up of real wrestlers, athletes who don't expect to get hacked. Our guys go to PPV and national TV, they don't need to show up with scars from a weedwacker.

So then I get a call from BJ Whitmer after the CZW show saying Zandig was talking trash about April 22nd. Hey Zandig, you owe us $3000 for a new canvas and banners you stupid ****. What the **** was with the spray paint.

I could sit here all night and rant and rave but i'll just sum this up simply.

The gloves are definitely off now. We have been having our fun with you guys, but now you are making us get deadly serious. April 22nd ROH has a show back in our Philadelphia home of the National Guard Armory. We challenge anyone from the CZW roster to show up for a fight. You bring a team to face team ROH.

We'll even make things seem a little like home for you. On April 22nd we will have bleachers on both sides of the ring. One side for the ROH fans. One side for the CZW fans. The CZW fans will be made at home in their own section so you guys will have plenty of support. Now the question is do you have the balls?

You got our attention now. You ruined our debut and only former ECW Arena show. April 22nd show up because it's time to pay the price."

Guess I'll be writing about this feud for awhile.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved for a helluva day and night of wrestling.

CZW returns next month on April 15 (with Ring of Honor at the National Guard Armory the following week on April 22) with Kevin Steen and BJ Whitmer vs. Super Dragon and Necro Butcher.