PDA

View Full Version : OVW Results - 12th Mar 2006

LionDen
03-13-2006, 08:57 PM
OVW Results 12th Mar 2006
Louisville KY. Derby Park Expo Dome.
Report by Joe @Wrestleview

(1) Johnny Riggs won a battle royal to earn an OVW Title shot in the main event against Brent Albright.

Osama Rodriguez Alejandro stalled for the majority of the match before entering. Elijah Burke was the crowd favorite, and was one of the last to be eliminated. Johnny's brother Jason, took a nasty looking elimination, as did Roadkill. Johnny also appeared to injure his arm in the battle royal, which would play a factor in the main event.

OVW announcer Ron Hed had the audience turn their attention to the big screen for a house show match taped from the last Expo Dome show. The stips were that if Chris Cage & Aaron "The Idol" stevens lost their match that night, they would have to wrestle tonight while wearing womens' dresses.

Cage & Idol came to the ring and begged the fans to not force them to wrestle in dresses. Of course the crowd would hear none of it.

(2) Deuce & Domino (w/Cherry) beat Seth Skyfire & Chet The Jet when Deuce knocked Skyfire out with one of Cherry's rollerskates behind referee M.B. Andrews' back. This was a wild brawl that went all around the building, including the elevated stage area.

(3) The kilted Highlanders defeated the dress wearing team of Chris Cage & Aaron "The Idol" Stevens.

Cage's dress was pulled up and covered his head. Then a "blinded" Cage accidentally hit a ddt on his partner. Both Highlanders dogpiled atop Cage & Idol for the pin.

(4) OVW Champion "Shooter" Brent Albright made Johnny Riggs submit to the Crowbar (Fujiwara armbar).

Albright spent the entire match brutalizing Riggs' already injured arm, that was heavily taped up. Throughout the match, the crowd was constantly taunting Albright with "You got Punked!" chants. Aside from a few flurries of offense by Riggs, this match was dominated by Albright.

Post-match had Albright attack Riggs with Brent's leather strap, until C.M. Punk ran in to make the save. Then Punk clamped on his Anaconda Vise until Brent was unconscious. However, unlike other recent OVW house shows, where C.M. Punk challenged Brent Albright for an OVW Title match, Punk placed the OVW Belt on top of a motionless champion, and walked off. This raises the question, when OVW returns to The Expo Dome on April 2, will C.M. Punk appear live, or will he be on the big screen for Wrestlemania from his hometown of Chicago?

Jay M Punkster
03-14-2006, 11:16 PM
come on cm punk hopefully in chacago plz.............

Straight Edge
03-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Even though Wrestlemania 22 will be in Punk's hometown of Chicago, I myself think that he won't be at Wrestlemania 22, and will work the OVW House Show

Jay M Punkster
03-15-2006, 07:03 PM
but it would be good

Straight Edge
03-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Yes it would be good, but the chances are slim as I said. Answer me this; how in the hell does Punk not saying to Albright he wants a title shot, and putting the title on him mean he'll be at Wrestlemania 22? They're just trying to start rumours, i'll believe it when I see it, and as I said earlier Punk won't be at Wrestlemania 22, even though it is in Chicago