PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Claims His First Shoot Fight Will Be This Spring...in Tna, Lots More News

Dangerous Incorporated
12-08-2006, 10:57 PM
KURT ANGLE CLAIMS HIS FIRST SHOOT FIGHT WILL BE THIS SPRING...IN TNA, LOTS MORE TNA NEWS

Kurt Angle is currently appearing on Bubba the Love Sponge. Jagger Kaye sent word that Angle stated his first "shoot" fight would take place in May or June on a "TNA broadcast." Angle commented that the fight wouldn't be in association with PRIDE or UFC, then dropped Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, Randy Coutoure (all of whom as associated with UFC) and Daniel Puder as his potential opponents before saying that he couldn't confirm who it would be. Amgle commented that if he lost, it would "kill his career" but that the fight would be worth it since it would do "a million PPV buys." Angle commented he has 3 or 4 fights in him.

Angle is currently in California as he's had meetings with different people in the TV and film industry this week. He's likely going to book an appearance on the CBS series "Ghost Whisperer".

TNA filed for trademarks on the terms "Voodoo Kin Mafia" and "VKM" on 11/15.

TNA announced today that they'll be debuting a preview trailer for their forthcoming Midway Games video game during the SpikeTV Video Game Awards. The game will be out during the latter part of 2007.

The "snoring person" in the VKM movie theatre vignette last night on Impact was TNA website guru Bill Banks, who worked on TNA, WCW, and WWF creative in the past.

If you taped last night's Impact or want to catch the replay, make sure you check out the awesome Samoa Joe-Kurt Angle video feature that was far and away the best thing on the show. It was so good that by the time it ended, I wanted to fly to Florida to see the rematch live and I think the finish to the episode, with Angle outsmarting and pinning Joe, took my anticipation of the rematch down a big notch.

TNA issued the following press release this afternoon:

2006 WORLD SERIES MVP IS PRO WRESTLING DIEHARD

David Eckstein goes to TNA Wrestling

DECEMBER 8, 2006 - David Eckstein and his 2006 World Series MVP Trophy will be in the front-row Sunday evening in Orlando , Fla. , at “Turning Point,” a pay-per-view professional wrestling event from Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling.

Eckstein and several of his St. Louis Cardinal teammates attended TNA shows last spring, and the lifelong pro wrestling fan is, not surprisingly, back for more.

“I have been intrigued by, and enjoyed, pro wrestling since I was a kid,” said Eckstein, 31, who has played six seasons in the majors. “Having the chance to see the events live is something that’s very special to me; it’s great entertainment to me.

“I really like watching the wrestlers perform. I can just sit back, watch and enjoy.”

Eckstein’s favorite wrestler is “The War Machine” Rhino, a 6-foot-2, 270-pound powerhouse who, ironically, is a diehard Detroit Tigers’ fan and season-ticket holder. The Cardinals’ defeated the Tigers to win the 2006 World Series.

“He’s unbelievable, always full of energy, always full-go. He’s entertaining, fun to watch,” Eckstein said of Rhino.

Eckstein’s least favorite TNA star is the ever-arrogant Robert Roode.

“For people who have not previously tuned in to TNA, they should. It’s exciting, cutting-edge and bringing wrestling excitement back to a high level once again,” Eckstein said.

Will David ever enter the ring as a pro wrestler?

“No,” he said without hesitation. “I will be sitting back, letting the pros do their thing, and just enjoying their skill and ability.”

Eckstein’s inspirational children’s book, “Have Heart,” will be released Dec. 12 and available at www.davideckstein.com.

TNA Wrestling delivers a distinct brand of high-risk, athletic entertainment. TNA’s roster includes new, fresh talent like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Chris Sabin and recognizable stars such as Kurt Angle, Sting, Christian Cage, Jeff Jarrett , Team 3D, and others. TNA features the innovative six-sided ring and the high-flying “X Division,” as well as concept matches such as “Ultimate X,” “King of the Mountain,” and “Six Sides of Steel.”

TNA Entertainment, LLC is a privately held company headquartered in Nashville, Tenn. The names of all Total Nonstop Action Wrestling televised programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans and all TNA Wrestling logos and trademarks are exclusive property of TNA Entertainment, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information, visit www.tnawrestling.com.

Source: PWInsider

Bush_Daddy
12-11-2006, 11:37 PM
haha Angle in a shoot fight? What a way to make someone laugh huh? I hope he doesn't pursue this because he's gonna get his ass kicked!

Myankees91
12-24-2006, 12:59 AM
KURT ANGLE......Sucks!

He Betrayed WWE!

Matthew James
01-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Why come to the TNA forum just to bash TNA's stars?

Will
01-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Why come to the TNA forum just to bash TNA's stars?

Because its a discussion forum, not a love forum. The guy doesn't have any substance behind his post, but every post in this forum makes it better. No one goes to dead forums right?