PDA

View Full Version : French 'Spider-Man' Climbs 31-Story Tower With Bare Hands

The Crippler
03-15-2006, 09:49 PM
French 'Spider-Man' Climbs 31-Story Tower

BAGNOLET, France (AP) — French skyscraper climber Alain Robert scaled a 31-floor office building outside Paris on Wednesday using only his bare hands, his last climb before spending a week in prison in Texas.

Robert was arrested in Houston in November on charges of trespassing and drug possession as he was about to climb the 46-floor One Houston Center. Police said they believed Robert was carrying the sedative Xanax, while the climber says it was a prescription anti-epilepsy medication.

Robert said his effort Wednesday was a protest against the court decision ordering him to serve prison time.

"I don't really understand why they are charging me with criminal trespass, as I didn't even climb," Robert said before ascending one of the 400-foot Mercurial Towers in the suburb of Bagnolet. He wore a skintight black and yellow outfit covered with advertisements.

Robert has climbed more than 70 of the world's tallest structures, including the Eiffel Tower, the Empire State Building and the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, with his bare hands and without a safety net.

Angelique
03-16-2006, 02:55 PM
oh good lord... u couldnt get me 10 feet of the ground! Though it would be cool though... dude has some balls to do scale anything he can! :)

Stunner
03-17-2006, 01:02 AM
SPIDERMAN SPIDERMAN something something he's in the can,lol