Penrith 24 d Bulldogs 22 at Telstra Stadium

Saturday, March 11, 2006
Canberra 27 d Manly 14 at Brookvale Oval

Saturday, March 11, 2006
Newcastle 25 d Parramatta 6 at Energy Australia Stadium

Friday, March 10, 2006
Wests Tigers 24 d St George Illawarra 15 at Telstra Stadium

FoxSports

This was the first round of the NRL. I managed to watch the full games of Warriors vs. Storm and Knights vs. Eels. The Warriors/Storm match was a must win for the Warriors. Unfortunatly they couldn't gain the points they need so they still lay at the bottom of the table with -4. It was a rather dissapointing match. No one stepped up for NZ. On the Melbourne side Fullback Billy Slater showed great skill. His ball retreaving was on spot all the time. Knights vs. Eels was a very exciting match up. A really hard hitting game. Andrew Johns showed abit of rust after coming back from a pre season injury. Took a few heavy knocks in the first few minutes but got back into the game very well. Just a really good game. One game which I captured a glance at was the Broncos vs. the Cowbows. That was a complete whitewash. Darren Lockyer had also suffered a bicep injury in the pre season. The injury caught up with him here and he had to go off about half way through the second half. Thursten played incredibly well on the night. he scored 24 points if I remember correctly. Should be good to see what happens with him in the rest of the season. This was overall a great first round. I'm a little pissed of that the Warriors and Broncos both lost but ah well. I'll have to pick another team to root for. Lol, catch you all up for round two.