PDA

View Full Version : Marty Jannetty's WWE Status Revealed

Dangerous Incorporated
12-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Marty Jannetty's WWE Status Revealed

On September 15th, it was announced on WWE.com that Marty Jannetty, 44, had signed a contract with WWE and would be returning along with Rodney Mack and Brad Armstrong to work with the younger talent. WWE.com also stated that Jannetty, along with the two other veterans, could also be granted a full-time contract pending the success of their initial venture. However, according to the January 2007 issue of WWE Magazine, Marty Jannetty was indeed fired again. In fact, he was fired back in late September, thus meaning that his final WWE stint lasted a mere two weeks. In the magazine, Jannetty received the nod for shortest tenure. It said:

Shortest Tenure: Marty Jannetty
Hired February 20, 2006. Released March 6, 2006. Hired September 15, 2006. Fired September 29, 2006. By God, that must be some kind of WWE record.

In early October, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported that Jannetty was fired on September 29th for going AWOL and not returning phone calls. It marked the ninth time in which he had been fired from WWE - including three firings within the span of fifteen months. Although, for whatever reason, his termination was never announced on the official WWE website.

Jannetty disputed the Wrestling Observer Newsletter's report in a blog entry on his MySpace page myspace.com/rockermj by claiming that it was untrue. Jannetty wrote:

OOPS, I just got fired again!!!

Well according to Meltzer's .."always so accurate" pffft, yeah right.. Wrestling Observer..I just got fired AGAIN, and this time for not returning a phone call....lol...how lame..what will they think of next...damn, don't their writers got any imagination??? Hey Meltzer ..call me bro , I give you much better stories than you or your guys are coming up with..hell Mustafa could dream up better stuff...Sheeee-it!!

ps..just think how stupid this one is..I've trained and busted my azz harder than anyone can imagine trying to make it back home..and I finally make it..then I'm not gonna return a phone call?? Shuuut up steewpids!!!-

Whatever the case may be, Marty Jannetty is no longer an employee for World Wrestling Entertainment.

Source: WWE Magazine, Wrestling Observer

Guess Meltzer got it right. Nice cover up Janetty! :lmao: