PDA

View Full Version : Flying Pictures

W-OLF
03-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Flying Pictures
by tkilthan@winternet.com

When I was in college I lived in an old house that had been made into an apartment. The upstairs and downstairs two seperate living quarters. Odd things happened that I'd never really tried to think about except when I was home. Doors swung open with no wind and no one behind them. Things disappeared that we set down only to re-appear days, weeks, or months later in the middle of the floor or in places where they could not have been missed. One night my roommate went out and I was home alone. I'd gone to bed and fell into a deep sleep only to be woken up not more than a couple hours later. There were three pounds so hard I thought I felt the wall shake, then the sound of breaking glass. There were a couple seconds of silence, then three pounds and the sound of breaking glass again. I'd never been so scared. I thought someone was breaking in. But then there was silence. I laid in that position for over an hour waiting for my roommate to come home. No one could have gotten around the house without me hearing them, the floorboards were in such bad shape there was no possible way to be unheard if you were walking around. But I could not move and I didn't hear any noise. I heard my room mate come in finally. I listened to her walk into her room, then heard the steps coming back out. I crept into the kitchen which was between our rooms and she looked at me, I must have been completely white. She looked at me wide eyed and said "What happened to my room???" I started crying and she hugged me. I told her what I'd heard and how long I'd waited for her to come home. She told me to follow her and we went into her room. She'd had three pictures on her far wall hung next to each other. The farthest picture had flown entirely across the room and had I think hit the wall, bounced down and was laying face up. The middle picture had flown STRAIGHT down, so hard bending the nail down into the wall. The last picture had flown off and out to the right, broken into her suitcase - (the suitcases with the hard outsides, it had cut right into it) and was laying in an ackward position on it. We searched the house. The door had been locked when she came home, nothing had broken or touched it. The windows were closed and locked, and the plastic enclosing the deck was still stapled from the inside and untouched. I refused to stay in the apartment alone after that. I always made arrangements to have someone with me or to be somewhere else if there was the possibility of being alone. My roommate and I dug into the history of the house after that incident. We'd talked to as many people as we could. She finally found out that the building had been a butcher shop before it was ket up as a house. I don't know if it's related and I'm not sure that I care anymore. But I will never forget that night.

credit Shadowlands