PDA

View Full Version : WWE trying something different with the Raw Tag Team Division...

Reinheimer
03-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Over the pass year we have heard ALOT of fans respond to the lack of compitition in the WWE's World Tag Team Division. I was one of them. It was as if we never saw the tag titles being defended on Raw. Just two huge tough champions (who were when they got the titles two of the top five contenders for the WWE Championship) go out and do their own thing. We would hardly ever see them actually wrestle as a team. Another thing to note is that this is around the 'Road to Wrestlemania' part of the year where the titles usually have a lack of serious compitition. Think 2003. Kane & RVD, Lance Storm & William Regal/Sean Morley. 2004 we had La Resistance, RVD and Booker, the Dudleys. And last year we had only William Regal and Eugene. Not really your top impact players are they. Not all of them anyway.

Now just after thinking about it abit, what are we seeing at this years Wrestlemania. We are seeing a World Tag Team Championship match featuring four of the top WWE Championship contenders on Raw. Within the past half year all of those wrestlers have been in WWE Championship surrounding matches. This has brought me to an assumption, that maybe the WWE are going to start making this division into a big deal. Just think about it abit. There have been rumors that in a future PPV these two teams will face off again, so that makes it pretty obvious that the WWE are planning on continueing this fued. Also due to the amount of star power, it could be huge.

If this does infact happen. Think about what this is going to do for the whole WWE Tag Team Division. On Smackdown you have the new upcoming teams eg. MNM, Mexicools, Kendrick & London, and The Gymini. While on Raw you have the more established, higher level matches going on between teams like Big Show & Kane and Carlito & Chris Masters. Now when you think about that. Thats a pretty ballanced Tag Team Division. You have abit of everything and there is no way you can go wrong with that.

So after a year off bitching and moaning. Do you think that the WWE have finally got their Tag Team Division sorted out? At the moment it probably is a little too early to start assuming things like this, but from what we're witnessing now, I think it's safe to say something bigs about to happen. Something which may infact, ballance this division out for the first time in a few years.

shakie
03-19-2006, 10:19 AM
i agree with you on that. WWE needs to sort this out, and it looks like there doing a good job working on it.

Finch420
03-21-2006, 04:59 PM
I disagree with everything you have just said. Vince just put Show and Kane together because there was nothing to do with either one, as with Carlito and Masters. The tag division is horrible right now and teams actually need to be put together that work well together, bring back Jindrak and Cade, Heart Throbs did work well together, so did Palumbo and Stamboli. Vince needs to put teams together where they're going to be midcard talent at best and use them to their advantage. La Resistance worked perfectly, now we just need more teams like that.

Dasdream™
03-21-2006, 06:03 PM
well I wouldn't call 2 tag teams a "division". Their not doing anything new, their leaving the division in the toilet. With all the money he has he can't afford to hire more decent tag teams and have the brains to keep the good ones together?

King Placebo
03-22-2006, 06:01 AM
My theory is that should just kill off all tag team division and Womens Division all together, it is going nowhere and is boring to watch and a big waste.

Metalring
03-22-2006, 09:21 PM
The WWE basically gave the tag team division the middle finger by releasing both the Heartthrobs and the Dicks and by releasing Rosey who was rumored to reunite with Jamal for 3MW.It's going to take a lot for the WWE to regain the admiration for the tag team division like they had in 99-01.That was a great time for tag teams:E&C,APA,New Age Outlaws,Kaientai,Hardyz,Dudleys,Too Cool.Now its just MNM,who I believe are the only true tag team in the WWE as of right now.