PDA

View Full Version : Accident or Poor Mistakes ? ?

Abhishek_Divekar
12-23-2006, 06:45 PM
The past few weeks , superstars have been recieving different types of injuries ! Joey Murcury being the worst when he broke his nose , but last week on Raw , Carlito busted his head open by turnin into the camera man , MVP is out with burns , sources on WWE.com say ''It was first reported on WWE.com that SmackDown Superstar MVP suffered only first-degree burns during his Inferno Match with Kane at Armageddon. It now appears, however, that the injuries were worse than first reported.'' Jeff Hardy looks like he can hardly move 'coz hes been in far too many matches over the past month . Candice is out with a broken nose . Rey Mysterio is out injured through a knee injury . Alls am sayin is , do you think its down to just pure risk takin , for entertainment an the odd injury will occur 'coz of the risk , or is it just poor mistakes that are costin superstars ring time ? ?

thoughts would be appreciated
:blame: :joker:

Merry Christmas

Will
12-23-2006, 09:35 PM
The business is better today then it was in the late 90's. In the attitude era there were wrestlers going out with severe injuries, like broken necks, every couple of months. Carlito and Hardy aren't really injured,they shouldn't miss any time at all. Candice and Mercury are both hurt because they made mistakes and I don't believe MVP is actually burned. They can make it look good by doing still shots on raw, but it was clear live that it was set up to set his ass on fire and thats where the majority of the flames stayed. I think that wrestlers are a lot safer today then they were 10 years ago. The line between hurting someone and making the crowd believe that you are hurting someone is just so small that accidents are bound to happen when people make even the slightest mistakes.

BXtremeJ
12-23-2006, 11:57 PM
all im gonna say is that tv ratings go up when people start taking risks

Impact Player
12-24-2006, 05:55 PM
I think some of its just fake like Rey Mysterio he is just faking it to have a break

Now Candice, Mercury, Carlito was real because you saw the impact of the blows they took.

So sports-entertainment make some of it look real but its not, but some of it is pure real...

Will
12-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Mysterio has a legitimate injury, the storyline around it is just fake. He needed the surgery for months, but Vince made him put it off to do the stupid angle with Chavo.

neXus
12-25-2006, 06:54 PM
All the injuries come from the risks you take in the ring. Accidents do happen and In the case of Joey Mecury, I think he just forgot to put his hand up and well thats what happens when a ladder smacks you in the face. I dont doubt that Jeff Hardy is feeling a bit banged up but I think his gimpyness for lack of a better term, is mostly show because he did battle in a ladder match, which in its own right is a brutal match. When you put 4 teams in the match its to be even more extreme. Atleast WWE isnt like the old days when you could be out a year thanks to a broken neck. Most injuries now, take only a few short months to heal.

mad_54321
12-26-2006, 04:46 PM
I must say that it is the accidents that take place that cause most of the injuries. I mean, something like Rey's injury is bound to happen to most guys that have that luchador style because it does wear down on your body...mostly the legs. But when you take a guy like Jeff Hardy, who has been in more ladder matches this past month or two than any other person in their career, accidents are going to happen. Was it Jeff, no, but it was Mercury who, in my opinion, botched a move and it cost him his face...the risk you take when you have to sell the SAME MATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

neXus
12-26-2006, 09:56 PM
I must say that it is the accidents that take place that cause most of the injuries. I mean, something like Rey's injury is bound to happen to most guys that have that luchador style because it does wear down on your body...mostly the legs. But when you take a guy like Jeff Hardy, who has been in more ladder matches this past month or two than any other person in their career, accidents are going to happen. Was it Jeff, no, but it was Mercury who, in my opinion, botched a move and it cost him his face...the risk you take when you have to sell the SAME MATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

It was no ones fault, other then maybe the bookers. Mecury was out for six months. Then he comes back and wrestles a few tag matches here and there. Sure he had some matches in OVW, but they were rehab matches. The bookers should have known not to have thrown him into a ladder match. Nitro was in I believe one ladder match before. Mercury hadnt been in any, so how was he to know what he was to do during a ladder move. You would think he would get his hands up, but maybe he figured the ladder wouldnt actually hit him. It would go past his head. Who knows, but I wouldnt call it a "botched move."

drlowrider2
12-29-2006, 05:07 PM
The ratings go up when they do risks!

tommy
01-06-2007, 06:30 AM
The injuries make for much better storylines when they come back.

oojay
01-08-2007, 01:00 AM
MVP's burns are fake as hell.

newfie24
01-12-2007, 01:22 AM
high moves mean high ratings

Popheat
01-15-2007, 12:54 AM
MVP's burns are fake - last week on SD he comes to the ring, skin all shrivelled and purple. This week he comes to the ring, skin perfect apart from some zits. Indeed it was his ass that was on fire, and he obviously was coated in the same jelly that stuntmen get covered in to do their pyro stunts.

As for Joey, well, he was just too slow to raise his hands...Johnny did it in time. But at the end f the day, they have got a good storyline out of the legit injury - Mercury will go after Matt on SD and Nitro after Jeff on RAW...leading to possibly a tag team match at WM??? or later on at say SummerSlam.

AS mentioned by another poster, Rey is out for surgery - long needed surgery. It's just the storyline dude.

And of course...as in any sport (except maybe tiddlywinks) injuries do and will happen.

havok804
01-20-2007, 10:32 PM
mvp fake.... it wouldnt last this long....

mercurys head was too far over the ladder...

aman.groopy
03-17-2007, 01:33 PM
u know... people like seeing such things