PDA

View Full Version : Nastula & Belfort Suspended 9 Months, Fined

Will
12-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Report by:
Matthew Boone

According to a breaking story on MMAWeekly.com, the Nevada State Athletic Commission have finally handed down the suspensions/fines for Vitor Belfort and Pawel Nastula for failing drug tests for their Las Vegas bout earlier this year for PRIDE.

Each fighter will be suspended by the commission for nine months. In addition to that, Belfort will be fined $10,000 - while Nastula is fined $6,500.

The two each fought, and lost, on October 21st under the influence of illegal substances.

thesexyone
12-28-2006, 06:59 AM
This sucks because I am a Belfort fan. Belfort is just digging himself in deeper now. He's hasn't been at the top his game lately but who can blame him after losing his sister. He just hasn't been himself. His performance against Dan Henderson was a poor one for Vitor. Hopefully when he comes back he'll have had time to get over it and get back into the game. Or at least not end up like Mir did after his absence.

Will
12-28-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm afraid that this might be just one more big step towards the end up Belforts career. I remember his fight against Eastman at UFC 43 and I thought the old Vitor was back, but he has went on to lose 5 of his next 8 and now he cant even fight again until the end of next year.