PDA

View Full Version : god

z-ero
01-06-2006, 02:07 PM
does he exsist is there prof that he is alive and is jesus his real son or was their more to story than people are letting on

M-J
01-06-2006, 02:56 PM
well, god yes is true i beieleve in him, do you know the Noah story... that one proof there are more but i dont wanna say them. and ppl think jesus is the son of god cuz.. mary.. i dunno whats her name whatever, got pregnant without sex.. so they say that he is the son of god... but still says that god is son but it is not true!! cuz they bieleve it

bad_meetz_evil
01-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Of course there is a god. Who created this earth? Did it magically appear, and we live just to have fun, with no afterlife? Wrong. Their is an afterlife, weather you like it or not, or weather you warship your god or not. You're either going to go to hell or heaven, depending on what you do right now.

M-J
01-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Of course there is a god. Who created this earth? Did it magically appear, and we live just to have fun, with no afterlife? Wrong. Their is an afterlife, weather you like it or not, or weather you warship your god or not. You're either going to go to hell or heaven, depending on what you do right now.

true, and supposly like the earth it is like a test, you do good stuff ur going to heaven do bad stuff going to hell

Sunshine Acid
01-06-2006, 09:56 PM

Ahem, if the earth and universe can not be self existant then why is it that god is self existant? Who created god? Why is it god can just be and everything else can not. And who says there has to be an afterlife, we are the only beings I'd say that believe in a god or afterlife because our minds are complex enough to think it up or create it. I think god is a figment of our own imagination. If there is an afterlife for humans, then is there one for animals, plants, or even bacteria? Because they are all living things and surely they dont worship a god. I think humans are the only ones smart enough or dare I say stupid enough to base their life around a supernatural being or afterlife that they can not prove. Why follow guidlines that you have no proof gives the results you expect. I believe religion is a wonderful way of controling people, controling their actions, their beliefs, way of life. Hell religion and "god" causes people to actually take the lives of others, how rational is that? Religion is irrational thinking by irrational minds and no I do not believe there is a god and until god or anyone else can prove me wrong I will always think that. If there is a god and I rot in hell when I die, so be it but hell on the other hand is another way of control. A place where you burn and suffer for all eternity, creative way to scare primitive minds long ago into doing what you want. Into behaving. Religion= control nothing more.

bad_meetz_evil
01-06-2006, 10:08 PM
I think humans are the only ones smart enough or dare I say stupid enough to base their life around a supernatural being or afterlife that they can not prove.

And what proof is there that their is no god? I mean, books, such as the bible. You think people just made it up because their bored, and had nothing to do? If I made a book such as the bible now, and I'll ask everybody to warship me, would they do it? The only loggic explanation, is that theirs a god. Can you explain me right now, how there is no god?

Sunshine Acid
01-06-2006, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=Psychedelic] I think humans are the only ones smart enough or dare I say stupid enough to base their life around a supernatural being or afterlife that they can not prove. [QUOTE]

And what proof is there that their is no god? I mean, books, such as the bible. You think people just made it up because their bored, and had nothing to do? If I made a book such as the bible now, and I'll ask everybody to warship me, would they do it? The only loggic explanation, is that theirs a god. Can you explain me right now, how there is no god?

Oh dear, firstly using the bible as an example is terribly stupid. This is the book where someone lives in a whales stomach? Or the same book where a virgin concieves a supernatural child? Or the same book that says earth was created thousands of years ago when it was PROVEN that it was created far beyond thousands of years based on fossil evidence that is millions of years old. The bible is silly tales to teach morals and has many flaws.

Secondly you don't need to prove that something isn't there; however, you do need proof to show that something is there and as of now there is no proof. There has been no signs or showings of proof that there is god. It would be ironic if there was a god because here we are a race of humans preaching god and religion and in the meantime having wars over who is right and who is wrong. Christians believe in the Ten Commandments (which was recieved from a burning bush :rolleyes: ) and in those Commandments it states "Thall Shall not kill." But at the same time, in war, more people have been killed in the name of god. A good example would be the crusades.

Another reason why it is hard to believe in god. There are so many forms of god. First the Romans and Greeks believed in many gods. Then christianity came along, you have jewish beliefs, muslim, islam, hindu, ect. All different religions and forms of god. If there was a god or a correct religion then obviously only one of these religions is correct and the others are wrong. And if so many are wrong can't we just leave it at everyone is wrong. But no everyone is willing to wage war and kill over the fact they believe their interpretation of god or heaven is correct. It sounds more like stupidity to me, let me kill or take my own life for something I dont even know exists and probably doesn't exist. It is a waste of life. If there was no religion the world would be a more peaceful place.

bad_meetz_evil
01-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Oh dear, firstly using the bible as an example is terribly stupid. This is the book where someone lives in a whales stomach? Or the same book where a virgin concieves a supernatural child? Or the same book that says earth was created thousands of years ago when it was PROVEN that it was created far beyond thousands of years based on fossil evidence that is millions of years old. The bible is silly tales to teach morals and has many flaws.

Secondly you don't need to prove that something isn't there; however, you do need proof to show that something is there and as of now there is no proof. There has been no signs or showings of proof that there is god. It would be ironic if there was a god because here we are a race of humans preaching god and religion and in the meantime having wars over who is right and who is wrong. Christians believe in the Ten Commandments (which was recieved from a burning bush :rolleyes: ) and in those Commandments it states "Thall Shall not kill." But at the same time, in war, more people have been killed in the name of god. A good example would be the crusades.

Another reason why it is hard to believe in god. There are so many forms of god. First the Romans and Greeks believed in many gods. Then christianity came along, you have jewish beliefs, muslim, islam, hindu, ect. All different religions and forms of god. If there was a god or a correct religion then obviously only one of these religions is correct and the others are wrong. And if so many are wrong can't we just leave it at everyone is wrong. But no everyone is willing to wage war and kill over the fact they believe their interpretation of god or heaven is correct. It sounds more like stupidity to me, let me kill or take my own life for something I dont even know exists and probably doesn't exist. It is a waste of life. If there was no religion the world would be a more peaceful place.

So why are we living for? Just to have fun, then die? You're telling me, theirs no end to this Earth once so ever? So theirs no reason, for millions of poor people surfering world wide, to live? They just suffer till the end, and theirs no afterlife? Why dont they all commit suicide or causing total chaos in this case. That in the end all these religiouns, Muslims, Catholics, Hindu, Jews, were build up lie by lie, and is total bullshit, is that what your trying to tell me?

If their is no after life, why have we been created? Can you explain that? No one can explain that. Some people are afraid of the truth. Which is their is a heaven or hell. Now can you tell me, with confidence, that theirs no god now? I mean what would happen to us if theirs no life after death? When we die, we just die? Everything has been created for a purpose. And the purpose we have been created is to warship our god. Not just to have fun and fool around in Earth, no, no.

Sunshine Acid
01-06-2006, 11:00 PM
I will leave you with two questions. What is the purpose of an afterlife? If an afterlife is supposed to be so special why do we even live to begin with? Why aren't we just there. Maybe there is no purpose to life, maybe it is all superfluous. I think the only thing we can do is make the best of what we have and try and keep it that way for those yet to come. Hate to sound so negative but maybe there isn't much point to us living. Maybe humans created god to give their life some significance to try and reach heaven.

bad_meetz_evil
01-06-2006, 11:10 PM
I will leave you with two questions. What is the purpose of an afterlife? If an afterlife is supposed to be so special why do we even live to begin with? Why aren't we just there. Maybe there is no purpose to life, maybe it is all superfluous. I think the only thing we can do is make the best of what we have and try and keep it that way for those yet to come. Hate to sound so negative but maybe there isn't much point to us living. Maybe humans created god to give their life some significance to try and reach heaven.

Why? Simple. We're living, to warship, our god. The reason for an afterlife, is for all the things, your doing now, is being judges. As Jamal said, its like a test. Along test, giving you alot of time to think about it, and choosing your fate. Hell is baisically for all the sins your doing in this life, for not listening to what, gods messengers, Mohammed, Jesus said. And heaven is for people who prayed, and believed in a god, which is paradise.

M-J
01-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Ahem, if the earth and universe can not be self existant then why is it that god is self existant? Who created god? Why is it god can just be and everything else can not. And who says there has to be an afterlife, we are the only beings I'd say that believe in a god or afterlife because our minds are complex enough to think it up or create it. I think god is a figment of our own imagination. If there is an afterlife for humans, then is there one for animals, plants, or even bacteria? Because they are all living things and surely they dont worship a god. I think humans are the only ones smart enough or dare I say stupid enough to base their life around a supernatural being or afterlife that they can not prove. Why follow guidlines that you have no proof gives the results you expect. I believe religion is a wonderful way of controling people, controling their actions, their beliefs, way of life. Hell religion and "god" causes people to actually take the lives of others, how rational is that? Religion is irrational thinking by irrational minds and no I do not believe there is a god and until god or anyone else can prove me wrong I will always think that. If there is a god and I rot in hell when I die, so be it but hell on the other hand is another way of control. A place where you burn and suffer for all eternity, creative way to scare primitive minds long ago into doing what you want. Into behaving. Religion= control nothing more.

look, now you said that bacteria and plants and animals doesnt beielve god, how do you know, do u speak with them? No... let me tell u something have you ever heard of sulieman? he is one of god messengers... and he speaks with animal.. he was sent to fight a tribe but there ants infront of him.. sulieman heard some.. noises saying 'ants go to your homes' sulieman heard that and then he watched the ants.. he talked to them.. this is when sulieman knew he talk to animals.. why ? so he can tell them warnings etc.. who knows.. now what ya say....???

and for after life.. ok u have a piont.. i die, there is an after life now the question is.. is there an after life after my second life.. how does life end... what like being another person or an animal who knows ...

Sunshine Acid
01-06-2006, 11:16 PM
look, now you said that bacteria and plants and animals doesnt beielve god, how do you know, do u speak with them? No... let me tell u something have you ever heard of sulieman? he is one of god messengers... and he speaks with animal.. he was sent to fight a tribe but there ants infront of him.. sulieman heard some.. noises saying 'ants go to your homes' sulieman heard that and then he watched the ants.. he talked to them.. this is when sulieman knew he talk to animals.. why ? so he can tell them warnings etc.. who knows.. now what ya say....???

and for after life.. ok u have a piont.. i die, there is an after life now the question is.. is there an after life after my second life.. how does life end... what like being another person or an animal who knows ...

Please you don't really believe he actually can talk with animals or ants?...:rolleyes:

Even on acid I dont do that :eek:

But really, you guys act so sure. Has god or anyone came and told you all of this? How do you really know hell and heaven or god aren't made up. Ancient creations by ancient people in ancient times as explanations. The greeks believed in all those gods but now people call that Mythology..why? Because thats what it is, mythical. And so is contemporary religion.

M-J
01-06-2006, 11:25 PM
^ wanna know... because of god messengers.. the bible the quran.. this is proof. have u ever even bothered to open the bible

Sunshine Acid
01-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Yeah and it didn't take me long to shut it. Read what I said about the bible. How can you believe in a book that doesn't give the correct age of the planet, and doesn't come close as a matter of fact. Messengers mean what? Nothing.

bad_meetz_evil
01-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Try reading the Quran then, get a English/Arabic transelator with you :).

Sunshine Acid
01-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Um, no thanks.

M-J
01-08-2006, 01:35 AM
Yeah and it didn't take me long to shut it. Read what I said about the bible. How can you believe in a book that doesn't give the correct age of the planet, and doesn't come close as a matter of fact. Messengers mean what? Nothing.

there are ppl called archeoligists... they know about the past...

Sunshine Acid
01-08-2006, 03:47 AM
there are ppl called archeoligists... they know about the past...
Thanks for proving my point

LG
01-08-2006, 04:46 AM
*clears throat*

First off, I should have saw this earlier

I have recently watched a program on the history channel calling Decoding The Past: Bible Codes. Now as myself as a Christian and believer in God, I looked upon this program as something extraordinary. In the program, it said that scientists and Jewish scholars and people who had the profession of Bible coding that they took the orginal manuscripts of the Bible, which is in the Hebrew, and they took what is called the Torah (aka first five books in the Bible). They took the Torah and they put all the words into a grid.....letter by letter.(.now when they discovered this so-called Bible codes, they didnt have computers and had to be done hand written)...Now they put them in computers and it sets it up automatically. Now ladies and gentlemen, when they did this, they were amazed by what they found and what they dug into. Simple words started to pop out and then led on to events. They were amazed because the things that popped out in Hebrew text in the first five books of the Bible were not of the things mentioned in the Bible. It mentioned recent things: Pearl Harbor...1941....Saddam.....World War.....) Then the most fimaliar one was this: One man looked into the Bible codes when the presidenecal election of Gore and Bush and he looked into the Bible codes and what he found was the words Gore...Bush...2001.....If you think thats weird, then he found this: Al Gore...President. Whoa...he then thought that Al Gore was going to become president, but when the election came, he didnt of course. Now everyone thought he was a fool. However he went back to the bible codes and looked and he found under that Al Gore..President...it then said Thinks Maybe. Ha! That proved only he needed to study. (dont worry I have a huge point to all of this).........The reason I said this was because of one thing: Everything that these scientists have been doing with the Bible is this: some try to prove it wrong, but can't. Second, the ones who got tired of trying to prove it wrong started to study the orginal manuscripts. Thirdly, they looked in and saw these Bible codes and started to try and decode them. Fourthly, most of the scientists and scholars and Bible-coders today say that whoever made this Bible and whoever made this Bible-codes cannot be someone of this world simply because the Bible/Bible-codes know the past, present and future. Now, just to let you in on a letdown: The Bible-coders wanted to know what if they could predict the future with it. Heh...they tried too...but whats even wierder than what I said before...is that the Bible codes itself said to not predict the future...and now the Bible-coders are scared, because they are thinking of doing that, but then what kind of right or wrong will come of it.
And Finally...the Bible-coders, the scientists who worked hours and some even got converted in the process......most of them said that whoever created the Bible and the Bible codes must be someone who knows the past present and future.....they also said that man could not have created this because of what I just said and that was for someone to know what has, what is and what will happen. That proves right there...that there is a God, scientifically..

Now, about the animals and plants and bacteria, etc.....first off, all that we know (some dont however) is that humans have a soul...we are the ones who will enter into Heaven or Hell.

Jesus Christ? Who is He? Why is He called the Son of God and why does God impress upon us to be like Him?
Simple answer: Look for all you people who are out there trying to "diss" Jesus, you need to look at one thing before you go and put out your religious nuts. Jesus was a perfect human. Perfect...did you hear me now? I said Perfect...This is the major reason God impressed upon to look at Jesus because he was perfect...God wants us to be like Jesus because He wants us to do the right things. That makes sense doesnt it? But we cant be perfect, but God said we can try too. The Bible does not contradict itself.

More Proof of God on a personal level
If you have studied the Bible and prayed to God and tried your best to do the right things on this earth, then you must know of what kind of feeling you get when you are in church and the Holy Spirit is moving. For the people who dont believe you won't know what I am talking about because you dont believe in what we believe. You need too....because everything in the Bible is lessons about life that show you what to do and what not to do. How can you say that what Jesus said was wrong? How can you not understand that when Jesus died as the perfect sacfrice for us, that we got freedom?
There is one thing that I dont understand: In America, we have troops fighting over there in the Middle East. Our troops have fought for our freedom. Other countries are fighting still...some dont have freedom at all. My point is this: When Jesus died on that cross as that perfect sacifrice......that is where we have freedom..spiritual freedom. But you know what? Some people hasnt saw it yet because they are blind. Thats why we see more evil in this world. The only thing keeping this world into shape is praying Christians. God is real..Jesus is real.......and for sure enough the Holy Bible is real...and the reason is doesnt have a date is because we werent suppose to know. Read the Bible and study it and you will get the answers to everything...I promise.

Sunshine Acid
01-08-2006, 05:23 AM
*clears throat*

First off, I should have saw this earlier

I have recently watched a program on the history channel calling Decoding The Past: Bible Codes. Now as myself as a Christian and believer in God, I looked upon this program as something extraordinary. In the program, it said that scientists and Jewish scholars and people who had the profession of Bible coding that they took the orginal manuscripts of the Bible, which is in the Hebrew, and they took what is called the Torah (aka first five books in the Bible). They took the Torah and they put all the words into a grid.....letter by letter.(.now when they discovered this so-called Bible codes, they didnt have computers and had to be done hand written)...Now they put them in computers and it sets it up automatically. Now ladies and gentlemen, when they did this, they were amazed by what they found and what they dug into. Simple words started to pop out and then led on to events. They were amazed because the things that popped out in Hebrew text in the first five books of the Bible were not of the things mentioned in the Bible. It mentioned recent things: Pearl Harbor...1941....Saddam.....World War.....) Then the most fimaliar one was this: One man looked into the Bible codes when the presidenecal election of Gore and Bush and he looked into the Bible codes and what he found was the words Gore...Bush...2001.....If you think thats weird, then he found this: Al Gore...President. Whoa...he then thought that Al Gore was going to become president, but when the election came, he didnt of course. Now everyone thought he was a fool. However he went back to the bible codes and looked and he found under that Al Gore..President...it then said Thinks Maybe. Ha! That proved only he needed to study. (dont worry I have a huge point to all of this).........The reason I said this was because of one thing: Everything that these scientists have been doing with the Bible is this: some try to prove it wrong, but can't. Second, the ones who got tired of trying to prove it wrong started to study the orginal manuscripts. Thirdly, they looked in and saw these Bible codes and started to try and decode them. Fourthly, most of the scientists and scholars and Bible-coders today say that whoever made this Bible and whoever made this Bible-codes cannot be someone of this world simply because the Bible/Bible-codes know the past, present and future. Now, just to let you in on a letdown: The Bible-coders wanted to know what if they could predict the future with it. Heh...they tried too...but whats even wierder than what I said before...is that the Bible codes itself said to not predict the future...and now the Bible-coders are scared, because they are thinking of doing that, but then what kind of right or wrong will come of it.
And Finally...the Bible-coders, the scientists who worked hours and some even got converted in the process......most of them said that whoever created the Bible and the Bible codes must be someone who knows the past present and future.....they also said that man could not have created this because of what I just said and that was for someone to know what has, what is and what will happen. That proves right there...that there is a God, scientifically..

Now, about the animals and plants and bacteria, etc.....first off, all that we know (some dont however) is that humans have a soul...we are the ones who will enter into Heaven or Hell.

Jesus Christ? Who is He? Why is He called the Son of God and why does God impress upon us to be like Him?
Simple answer: Look for all you people who are out there trying to "diss" Jesus, you need to look at one thing before you go and put out your religious nuts. Jesus was a perfect human. Perfect...did you hear me now? I said Perfect...This is the major reason God impressed upon to look at Jesus because he was perfect...God wants us to be like Jesus because He wants us to do the right things. That makes sense doesnt it? But we cant be perfect, but God said we can try too. The Bible does not contradict itself.

More Proof of God on a personal level
If you have studied the Bible and prayed to God and tried your best to do the right things on this earth, then you must know of what kind of feeling you get when you are in church and the Holy Spirit is moving. For the people who dont believe you won't know what I am talking about because you dont believe in what we believe. You need too....because everything in the Bible is lessons about life that show you what to do and what not to do. How can you say that what Jesus said was wrong? How can you not understand that when Jesus died as the perfect sacfrice for us, that we got freedom?
There is one thing that I dont understand: In America, we have troops fighting over there in the Middle East. Our troops have fought for our freedom. Other countries are fighting still...some dont have freedom at all. My point is this: When Jesus died on that cross as that perfect sacifrice......that is where we have freedom..spiritual freedom. But you know what? Some people hasnt saw it yet because they are blind. Thats why we see more evil in this world. The only thing keeping this world into shape is praying Christians. God is real..Jesus is real.......and for sure enough the Holy Bible is real...and the reason is doesnt have a date is because we werent suppose to know. Read the Bible and study it and you will get the answers to everything...I promise.

Ah yes the bible code bullshit. To save myself some breath read this.

"So I’ve heard about this ‘Bible Code’ bullshit one too many times, and since even the term buries my BS Detector in the red, I finally got around to doing a quick look around on the net to validate my suspicions.

Stupid sons of bitches are spouting on about this crap all through the media, but especially among fringe Christian cults (yes, even forms of Christianity are cults, sorry). They’ll go on and on at you about how the odds of certain phrases coming up, that are associated with various names and phrases, are so astronomically small that ‘only God himself’ could have written the Bible so meticulously that such phrases would come up in association.

The premise is childishly simple—start with a text (the fanatics chose the book of Genesis as their sample) and eliminate all the spaces so you get a string of letters. Then you count any number of letters sequentially, and start a new column right below it, so the result is a rectangular column of letters. Then you hunt for words either vertically, or at any diagonal angle.

The retarded and gullible fanatics make ridiculous and unsubstantiated claims about how there’s all of this ‘prophetic’ information to be found this way. The books advocating this load of crap are making millions of dollars world-wide. Computer programs are for sale that allow you to simply punch in a word, and generate a list of related ‘prophetic’ words.

Despite the fact that a five-minute search on the internet using the search ‘“Bible Code” skeptic’ will teach you everything you need to know to satisfy any superstitious symptoms you may be suffering regarding the topic. By the way, this is an excellent way to verify your hunches when your bullshit detector goes off—just Google search the quoted phrase, followed by ‘hoax,’ ‘skeptic,’ ‘fraud,’ or some such, and you’ll cut through the crap fast.

It turns out that the same method used on “War and Peace” or “Moby Dick” will yield equally ‘startling’ ‘prophetic’ results. In fact, once you know the rules, any reasonably intelligent person can generate their own passages with ‘encoded messages’ of this sort, that are Far More Complex than anything found in the Bible or in Moby Dick…you can ‘encode’ complete sentences instead of words or short phrases. Apparently a third grader on a lunch break can outperform “God’s handiwork.”

Yes, your hunch was correct, it’s simple, basic statistics. Like any card trick, it only appears to be ‘magical’ until you understand the process.

People are so fucking gullible, sometimes I fear for the future of humanity."

Links: to some sources

http://skepdic.com/bibcode.html

http://cs.anu.edu.au/people/bdm/dilugim/moby.html

http://cs.anu.edu.au/people/bdm/dilugim/torah.html

http://cs.anu.edu.au/people/bdm/dilugim/longels.html

Now I will say once again the bible is full of flaws, there is no bible code, the bible couldn't even tell you the age of the earth. It has ridiculous stories. If you are looking for nice stories to teach good morals and lessons to children the bible is fine. If you are taking the stories literally or the bible literally I am sorry but you are not too intelligent.

As far as we have souls and enter heaven and hell, bullshit. If you want to tell me that with 100% certainty please go die and then come back and say I told you so. Unless you have personally died and went to heaven and or hell please dont tell me it exists or not.

Praying christians keeping the world into shape? LMAO :rolleyes: It is the hardcore christians that keep insanity in the world in shape. Sorry but religion and christianity is responsible for most the wars that have taken on this planet and is responsible for alot of deaths. If anything it is religion that is keeping this world as fucked up as it is. The struggles in the middle east that have been going on for ages and ages over the "holy lands" all because of religion.

Religion is mind control and a business. Yes a business, the catholic church actually makes millions upon millions of dollars and pays no taxes. I will end this with a quote by a great man and comedian, but a man that makes some points and that is George Carlin.

"When it comes to BULLSHIT...BIG-TIME, MAJOR LEAGUE BULLSHIT... you have to stand IN AWE, IN AWE of the all time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. [George Carlin, from "You Are All Diseased".]
Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it, religion has actually convinced people that there's an INVISIBLE MAN...LIVING IN THE SKY...who watches every thing you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten special things that he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever 'til the end of time...but he loves you. I want you to know, when it comes to believing in god- I really tried. I really really tried. I tried to believe that there is a god who created each one of us in his own image and likeness, loves us very much and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize...something is FUCKED-UP. Something is WRONG here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is NOT good work. If this is the best god can do, I am NOT impressed. Results like these do not belong on the resume of a supreme being. This is the kind of shit you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently run universe, this guy would have been out on his all-powerful-ass a long time ago. I've begun worshipping the sun for a number of reasons. First of all, unlike some other gods I could mention, I can see the sun. It's there for me every day. And the things it brings me are quite apparent all the time: heat, light, food, a lovely day. There's no mystery, no one asks for money, I don't have to dress up, and there's no boring pageantry. And interestingly enough, I have found that the prayers I offer to the sun and the prayers I formerly offered to God are all answered at about the same 50-percent rate. [George Carlin, from "You Are All Diseased".]

EDIT: Oh and I forgot something, don't dare try and tie religion or the bible with science...these fucking "creationist scientists" are NOT and I repeat NOT real scientists. Scientists use observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena. Religion is not science, science contains facts. Proven facts that are gained through experimentation and analyzation. Saying those guys are scientists is like saying Intelligent Design is science. :rolleyes:

M-J
01-08-2006, 05:53 AM
Well how the hell you know Psy... have u even tried to make researches.. or watching programs like LK... try it and find out

Sunshine Acid
01-08-2006, 05:54 AM
I just did research...read.

M-J
01-08-2006, 06:05 AM
and your conclusion... stilll god isnt reall.. think who made the earth.. who created the sun.. now it can be a human.. right.. but if u you bieleve that the thing that you are saying that he created it that means ur saying that it is god

Sunshine Acid
01-08-2006, 06:06 AM
and your conclusion... stilll god isnt reall.. think who made the earth.. who created the sun.. now it can be a human.. right.. but if u you bieleve that the thing that you are saying that he created it that means ur saying that it is god

Sorry to be so blunt, but what in the fuck are you talking about? :confused:

M-J
01-08-2006, 06:15 AM
You have researched and you conclusion is...

Sunshine Acid
01-08-2006, 06:32 AM
There is no god and that religion is a bunch of well...you know.. bullshit.

Hypercharger
01-08-2006, 07:37 AM
How do you know there is no god? There is as much evidence that there is a god as to there isn't. I am a christian, I belive in god and I love god and no matter what anyone says I will always belive in god. Now, I don't go to church every Sunday and Wensday. I don't read the bible. But, it pisses me off when other try to convery other into athetist by tring to prove "worshipers" wrong. I do as well find it annoying that "worshipers" try to convert atheist into belivers. It is all about faith. I would rather die and and Belive in God and live a good propurous life, and go to Heaven, than burn in hell. The odds ar 50/50, but I would rather belive in God because if he is real, and heaven is real, I would rather go there.

PS: What about pergatory?

Sunshine Acid
01-08-2006, 04:14 PM
How do you know there is no god? There is as much evidence that there is a god as to there isn't. I am a christian, I belive in god and I love god and no matter what anyone says I will always belive in god. Now, I don't go to church every Sunday and Wensday. I don't read the bible. But, it pisses me off when other try to convery other into athetist by tring to prove "worshipers" wrong. I do as well find it annoying that "worshipers" try to convert atheist into belivers. It is all about faith. I would rather die and and Belive in God and live a good propurous life, and go to Heaven, than burn in hell. The odds ar 50/50, but I would rather belive in God because if he is real, and heaven is real, I would rather go there.

PS: What about pergatory?

You are right, and I am not trying to say do not believe in god. I am just saying I don't and giving my reasons why I think it is absurd to do so. You have your faith and thats fine but when the others try to bring up more arguments I am going to have to reply and shoot those down. I am an opinionated person and love to debate. I am not trying to sway your opinion or anyone elses but rather giving mine with facts and examples to support. I don't want to be one of those mindless fucks that come in here and reply with "There is no god you are all fucking faggots." Cause there are those types of ignorant pricks out there. I came in here, said in my opinion there is no god and gave my reasons. So from here I suppose we can agree to disagree but as long as someone replies with more questions and trying to continue the debate I will reply back because that is the type of person I am.

LG
01-08-2006, 07:12 PM
We all have different beliefs, but we all wander what is the absolute thing that we can know 100% that it is right..no flaws, no nothing. All of you know of these religions that is in the world: Christianity, Buddism, Hinduism, Judism, Islam, etc....However, which one would you prefer believing in the most? If you looked at all of them, I find and you shall find that Christianity is the most simpliest and most hopeful giving religion of all. It simply tells you that if you ask Jesus into your heart, and for Him to save you from sin, that you will have everlasting life (John 3:16 KJV). Then after that you are considered to be a Christian and therefore you are needed to do the right things from then on out and wait for your time to leave this world and go to Heaven. How simple is that? If you read the Bible, it tells you of good morals and how to live a rightous life.

Personally speaking, I think that you Psychedelic is in a cult of some kind. Why do I think that? Because of what you have said..shooting everything we present to you down. I said that particular one because you contradicted yourself when you said this:

You are right, and I am not trying to say do not believe in god. I am just saying I don't and giving my reasons why I think it is absurd to do so. You have your faith and thats fine but when the others try to bring up more arguments I am going to have to reply and shoot those down. I am an opinionated person and love to debate. I am not trying to sway your opinion or anyone elses but rather giving mine with facts and examples to support. I don't want to be one of those mindless fucks that come in here and reply with "There is no god you are all fucking faggots." Cause there are those types of ignorant pricks out there. I came in here, said in my opinion there is no god and gave my reasons. So from here I suppose we can agree to disagree but as long as someone replies with more questions and trying to continue the debate I will reply back because that is the type of person I am.

First of all, you come in here and you say that there is no god. YOU come in here and say that religion is mind control and a business. First of all I dont agree with religions nor demoniations simply b/c its all man made. I believe completely in the Bible because everything it has said is true. Now ehn you said that its not literal: Excuse me, but whenGod said there was gonna be a flood to Noah, he meant it and it happened. They have even found Noah's Ark too to prove it.
Look The Bible is the inspired word of God. God inspired men to write it and the prophecies has and are coming true.

Look dude...you have no clue of who God is. You have no earthly idea of what He is capable of. Those who has felt His presence knows what I mean. So you are right about one thing: You came and gave your opinion and gave reasons. It doesnt prove its right or wrong.
I think you need help.

Sunshine Acid
01-08-2006, 08:33 PM
We all have different beliefs, but we all wander what is the absolute thing that we can know 100% that it is right..no flaws, no nothing. All of you know of these religions that is in the world: Christianity, Buddism, Hinduism, Judism, Islam, etc....However, which one would you prefer believing in the most? If you looked at all of them, I find and you shall find that Christianity is the most simpliest and most hopeful giving religion of all. It simply tells you that if you ask Jesus into your heart, and for Him to save you from sin, that you will have everlasting life (John 3:16 KJV). Then after that you are considered to be a Christian and therefore you are needed to do the right things from then on out and wait for your time to leave this world and go to Heaven. How simple is that? If you read the Bible, it tells you of good morals and how to live a rightous life.

Personally speaking, I think that you Psychedelic is in a cult of some kind. Why do I think that? Because of what you have said..shooting everything we present to you down. I said that particular one because you contradicted yourself when you said this:

First of all, you come in here and you say that there is no god. YOU come in here and say that religion is mind control and a business. First of all I dont agree with religions nor demoniations simply b/c its all man made. I believe completely in the Bible because everything it has said is true. Now ehn you said that its not literal: Excuse me, but whenGod said there was gonna be a flood to Noah, he meant it and it happened. They have even found Noah's Ark too to prove it.
Look The Bible is the inspired word of God. God inspired men to write it and the prophecies has and are coming true.

Look dude...you have no clue of who God is. You have no earthly idea of what He is capable of. Those who has felt His presence knows what I mean. So you are right about one thing: You came and gave your opinion and gave reasons. It doesnt prove its right or wrong.
I think you need help.

Alright it is rare but now you are really getting under my skin. I didn't contradict myself. If you believe completely in the bible you indeed are brainwashed by all of this bullshit. I will ask you a question, estimate for me how old the earth is about. Just a question to see the bible's credibility.

LG
01-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Ha you want answers you are going to get them, but its not going to be the answers you will like either. Let me show you this:

Age of the Earth (Genesis 1:1)

We cannot say how old the earth is because we do not know WHEN the beginning was. God's creation of the heavens and the earth in the beginning could have been millions and billions of years ago. If geologists can prove the age of the earth to be what they claim, we have no scriptural authority to disagree. They cannot contradict the Bible, for it does not reveal any time element in connection with the earth's original creation. This much is certain, according to Scripture, that the earth is more than 6,000 years old, and there were inhabitants on the earth before the days of Adam. The earth was cursed and flooded, as in Genesis 1:2, because of sin before the 6 days of re-creation in Genesis 1:3-2:25. Luicfer was already a fallen creature when he came into Adam's Eden, having already ruled the earth, rebelled, and caused the first flood. (Genesis 1:2; Isaiah 13:12-14; Jeramiah 4:23-26; Ezek. 28:11-17; Luke 10:18:2; Peter 3:5-8)
*credit to Dake's Annonated King James Version Bible reference*

So there's your answer for how old this earth is.
Now if you have any more things to share with all of us, go ahead and I would be happy to answer them.

Sunshine Acid
01-08-2006, 09:08 PM
The bible actually claims the earth is between 6,000 and 7,000 years old. So in that aspect the bible is wrong.

LG
01-08-2006, 09:15 PM
No, it did not say that it was between 6000 and 7000 years old. The timeline of what the Bible has said is MORE THAN 6000 YEARS OLD>not between 6000 and 7000 but more than 6000 years old; theres a difference.
Now for an extra piece of knowledge you need in that compacted brain of yours:

Man's answer for every puzzling question concerning God and His Plan
Deuteronomy 29:29
"The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of the law"

Sunshine Acid
01-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Actually the bible claims earth was created around 4000 B.C. so yes what I said seems about right.

LG
01-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Actually the bible claims earth was created around 4000 B.C. so yes what I said seems about right.

Show Me The Verse Chapter in the Bible where it says that then

Sunshine Acid
01-08-2006, 09:41 PM
It doesn't. But you do say the study the bible right? Well read it, take the ages of the people in the bible, follow the bible in chronological order...and you get no more than 7,000 years since Jesus was crucified about 2,000 years ago.

LG
01-08-2006, 09:49 PM

It doesn't. But you do say the study the bible right? Well read it, take the ages of the people in the bible, follow the bible in chronological order...and you get no more than 7,000 years since Jesus was crucified about 2,000 years ago.

Then how can you tell me the Bible claimed earth was created around that, and then you just turned around said it didnt? How hypocritical of you to say that? First of all, you proved my point by saying

follow the bible in chronological order...and you get no more than 7,000 years since Jesus was crucified about 2,000 years ago

and then I said before that]

No, it did not say that it was between 6000 and 7000 years old. The timeline of what the Bible has said is MORE THAN 6000 YEARS OLD>not between 6000 and 7000 but more than 6000 years old; theres a difference.

So all we know right now for a fact that the earth is more than 6000 years old and doesnt have a specific time beginning. And as for Jesus being crucified 2,000 years ago...it will actually be 2,006 years three days before Easter.

Sunshine Acid
01-08-2006, 09:52 PM
I said about 2000, either way the according the bible "god created the earth" between 6,000 and 7,000 years ago. You saying I contradict myself or are being hypocritical? Why? I haven't changed my mind anywhere :dunno:

In other words if the bible claims the earth was created about 4000 B.C. and B.C. counts backwards...4,000 years and then tack on an additional 2,000 for AD which is the time that has past about since Jesus's death then you have about 6,000 years plus a hundred or so...remember this isn't exact just aproximate. But either way the bible is WAAAAAYYYY off with how old the earth is.

LG
01-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2

**No one knows how much time has passed between these two scriptures dude. So really we have no clue of how old the earth is except that it is older than 6000 years. Other than that, we have no definate time.

Sunshine Acid
01-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Even creationists admitt to the bible saying the earth is thousands of years old....

LG
01-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Look here ok....what does it matter about the earth's age? What significant thing would come of the answer? I think it wouldnt. We would just know the age of it, but we dont. I believe in God Almighty and I am glad that Jesus died for me so that I can have eternal life in Heaven. But you better not go and say again that The Bible is a fake book. It is not fake, its real and whats more real to me that it has shown itself to be real. Thats why I read and study it. If you would just sit down, and drop your pride and opinions and study the Bible, you will see the message it brings and the hope it ensures your heart and soul and mind.Believe me, I am not the only one on this site who knows this for a fact.

Sunshine Acid
01-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Look here ok....what does it matter about the earth's age? What significant thing would come of the answer? I think it wouldnt. We would just know the age of it, but we dont. I believe in God Almighty and I am glad that Jesus died for me so that I can have eternal life in Heaven. But you better not go and say again that The Bible is a fake book. It is not fake, its real and whats more real to me that it has shown itself to be real. Thats why I read and study it. If you would just sit down, and drop your pride and opinions and study the Bible, you will see the message it brings and the hope it ensures your heart and soul and mind.Believe me, I am not the only one on this site who knows this for a fact.

The earth's age matters because it shows that the bible has many flaws, which it does. If it can't even come close to describing how old the earth is then how credible is it? Sure it is a good book to teach good morals and lessons to children but thats about all. It has too many errors and contradictions to actually take it literally. The bible is not fact at all.

M-J
01-09-2006, 12:18 AM
well, maybe a bible has mistakes but some are true!!!

LG
01-09-2006, 01:53 AM
Now dudes...the Bible from cover to cover is all true. And for you P to say that there are too many flaws.....show me where then or does that hit a button you didnt want me to mash?

z-ero
01-09-2006, 10:29 AM

b.m.e yuo say how was earth created what about the big bang that created earth explain to me how that and god mix to create a universe because i'm confused with the big bang and god.

LG
01-09-2006, 08:57 PM
The Big Bang Theory my friend is totally false.
What is not false is that God created this entire universe, including earth and Adam and Eve in what we know as 7 days.

Sunshine Acid
01-09-2006, 11:02 PM
The Big Bang Theory my friend is totally false.
What is not false is that God created this entire universe, including earth and Adam and Eve in what we know as 7 days.

Yeah bla bla bla bla ... god didnt create humans, humans created god :agree:

Anyways you two go back to debating I am done, if there is one thing I've learned is that arguing with ignorant religous people is a lose lose situation they never listen. You believe what you want I will stick to mine.

M-J
01-10-2006, 03:03 AM
People created god?? WTF ok if this is true then who created the universe

Sunshine Acid
01-10-2006, 03:25 AM
The universe created the universe...I swore I wouldnt post here again :o

What can I say I am addicted and Merlin's Magic is really motivating me to speak my mind. :dunno:

soaK
01-10-2006, 10:26 PM
While I'm agnostic and believe in god, I have to say that those arguing for him in this thread have made themselves and their cause look completly ignorant, saying that its fact and giving no evidence or backing what so ever.

If anything, I come the closest to believing this of all theories of the bible:
It was made by humans and consists of mostly fictitious stories to prove a point. However, there has to be something bigger about it, becuase some of the lessons taught through the old jewish laws have some medical benefits that they couldn't have just came up with out of thin air, so I think that god could have put these laws into the mind of some people to keep them safe, and put the backing of all what is said as "truth" in the bible to scare the people into their own saftey, as they wouldn't have complied other ways. Also, the stories in the bible, such as creation, could be possible ways to explain very primitively how things went to the primitive and unknowledgeable minds of the early thinking people. The order of the creation story much mirriors the evolutionary theory, in the order that things came about. And they just put it into a simple storybook format, much like you can't explain in detail things to children, as they are simply not fit to comprehend it.

LG
01-11-2006, 01:19 AM
I can't change no one.
Only God can change them.
God please change these people.

Sunshine Acid
01-11-2006, 01:26 AM
I can't change no one.
Only God can change them.
God please change these people.

:eek: :rolleyes:

soaK
01-11-2006, 04:25 AM
I think that means he gives up...

Slash
01-13-2006, 04:56 PM
A part of me belives that there is more than one higher being (If there are any at all!) However most of me agrees with what Pyschedelic's been saying, that the Bible's full of shit! If Adam & Eve were the first two people on Earth, then what happened? Did Human's die out when Dinosaurs came round, then magically reappear again? How come no million year old human fossils have been found? Darwin's theory of Evolution shows how humans came to be, we evolved, simple as! The Earth was created by floating debris, which came together under massive pressure, in just the right place for life to survive! The Bible doesn't make any sense! It's like I've heard someone say, If Jesus was so special, then why did he wait 'til the last years of his life to perform all these miracles, surely he sould have realised he was different when he was younger & could have helped a lot more people (That's if he even existed!) Other theories I've heard are that Jesus was in fact an alien! (Which to me makes more sense than then him being the son of God, born to a Virgin!) There have been theories that have proved the Bible wrong on countless occasions! And other thing! Why is Jesus portrayed as being White? Everyone knows he was born in the Middle East, why doesn't he look like he did? It just doesn't make any sense!

bad_meetz_evil
01-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Why is Jesus portrayed as being White? Everyone knows he was born in the Middle East, why doesn't he look like he did? It just doesn't make any sense!

Just to make a note of this, their are tons of white arabs, ya.

[EvnyScwrd-v3.0 yo.]
01-14-2006, 09:11 PM
I dont really think there is a god..i think there is a higher power thowe...

Sunshine Acid
01-15-2006, 03:21 AM
Just to make a note of this, their are tons of white arabs, ya.

Generally those that live in the middle east are of a darker or olive complexion. Unless you are like albino.

soaK
01-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Jesus was portrayed as white because in the middle ages the idealistic european culture portrayed him as what was most desireable to them, a caucasian, as that is what they all were.

Siddhant
01-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Generally those that live in the middle east are of a darker or olive complexion. Unless you are like albino.
Well how can you say that I'm an Indian yet I have a fair complexion explain that but I dont believe in god lol:dunno:

Sunshine Acid
01-16-2006, 06:53 PM
I said generally, do you live in the middle east though?

Siddhant
01-16-2006, 06:56 PM
India south east asia where brown peeps live I'm an Indian but I have a white skin

[Gangstuh M.Y.B]
01-16-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm not going to even try to decipher half of the shit that was pasted on these 7 pages of hell, but I'll give my two cents.

God is a figment of the imagination, period. If god created everything, then what created god? Did he just simply, pop out of nowhere? No. The bible is basically the writings of a cult way back when about 3000 years ago they were still waiting around for this magical "Messiah" to appear, and he didn't. So they made some shit up to please the Roman empire and the Jewish world, plain and simple.

Slash
01-17-2006, 02:06 AM
']God is a figment of the imagination, period. If god created everything, then what created god? Did he just simply, pop out of nowhere? No. The bible is basically the writings of a cult way back when about 3000 years ago they were still waiting around for this magical "Messiah" to appear, and he didn't. So they made some shit up to please the Roman empire and the Jewish world, plain and simple.

Now you're making sense!

M-J
01-17-2006, 04:38 PM
']I'm not going to even try to decipher half of the shit that was pasted on these 7 pages of hell, but I'll give my two cents.

God is a figment of the imagination, period. If god created everything, then what created god? Did he just simply, pop out of nowhere? No. The bible is basically the writings of a cult way back when about 3000 years ago they were still waiting around for this magical "Messiah" to appear, and he didn't. So they made some shit up to please the Roman empire and the Jewish world, plain and simple.

yes, god isnt created, god is just here watching you every second u do, we dunno how god is here or who created it but when we die we will know