PDA

View Full Version : More on New Japan's recent visit to Stamford, Mark Henry's Return & more

Dangerous Incorporated
12-31-2006, 11:52 PM
More on New Japan's recent visit to Stamford, Mark Henry's Return & more

- As previously noted, New Japan President Simon Inoki had a meeting with John Laurinaitis on 12/14 in Stamford, CT. WWE's web site posted that Antonio Inoki meet with WWE officials, but apparently he joined the conversion by phone. The two promotions discussed doing talent exchanges, but it doesn't appear New Japan has anyone WWE is interested in. New Japan expressed an interest in using lesser used talents such as Val Venis and wrestlers from Ohio Valley Wrestling and Deep South.

With Antonio Inoki interested in raising capital to buy New Japan from the Yukes, the meeting to secure WWE talent was likely to impress potential investors.

- Speaking of Lauraintis, he sold 1,900 shares of WWE on 12/12 for about $32,400. He still has 42,472 shares worth more than $713,000.

- Mark Henry is said to be ahead of his rehab schedule and hopes to return sooner than expected from his torn patella tendon injury.

Source: Gerweck

So basically it was NJ fishing and WWE not biting. And we should start taking bids to determine how long Hery will last before his on the injured list for the 2394 time.

HAPPY NEW YEARS UOW

Tempest
01-01-2007, 02:53 AM
Mark Henry coming back would be awesome. I completely forgot about him, he's been out a while and it when right over my head. But now that's brought up in talk, I think him coming back to Smackdown would boost 'em up big time. If they added another heel and main eventers they would be set. Hopefully it's rather soon so we can see him in the Royal Rumble.

Will
01-01-2007, 03:11 AM
how exactly is Henry a big boost? he cant wrestle, he cant talk, he cant get crowd reactions and he injures himself every other month.

knox
01-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Hopefully Mark Henry doesn't injure himself anymore, his had bad luck for a while now.

Obsolete
01-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Mark Henry should bring something to the smackdown roster again

dannyslam
01-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Mark Henry returning=good. But do you think he will go to ECW?