PDA

View Full Version : Update: "Cro Cop" and "Rampage" on Feb. UFC Card

Will
01-01-2007, 04:44 AM
Mirko Filipovic will make his American fighting debut Feb. 3 in Las Vegas. The UFC officially announced Saturday night during the Liddell-Ortiz II pay-per-view at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. UFC president Dana White revealed at the post-fight press conference that "Cro Cop" had signed a two-year, six fight deal with the Las Vegas-based mixed martial arts promoter.

Sherdog.com broke the news on Wednesday that Filipovic, who starred in the PRIDE Fighting Championships and won the organization's Open-Weight Grand Prix in September, agreed to terms with the UFC and would face North County Fight Club's Eddie Sanchez.

Though there was some speculation that the 32-year-old heavyweight would be introduced to fans by stepping into the Octagon before a packed house in Las Vegas, Sherdog.com reported prior to the start of the televised card that the Croatian had remained home.

The UFC also confirmed Sherdog.com's report last week that Quinton Jackson would make his UFC debut on the Super Bowl Saturday card. Though it was not announced, Jackson is expected to rematch Marvin Eastman .

Butoden
01-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Jackson is one of the few ppl ever to beat The Iceman, so i heard, would be interesting to see them in the ring again.

01-03-2007, 12:18 AM
yeah i cant wait i havent seen nor heard of either of them but i cant wait

Will
01-03-2007, 01:04 AM
yeah i cant wait i havent seen nor heard of either of them but i cant wait
They are both going to make a big impact in the UFC. Filipovic should rule the heavyweight division rather easily and Jackson can go with anyone and probably has the best odds of beating Liddell as anyone in MMA.

Jackson is one of the few ppl ever to beat The Iceman, so i heard, would be interesting to see them in the ring again.

Liddell has lost three times, with Jackson being the only one that Liddell hasn't beaten in a rematch. They will probably want to get the fans familiar with Jackson by giving him a few easy fights and then the rematch with Chuck towards the middle-end of '07.