PDA

View Full Version : Ken Shamrock..Tito Ortiz Interview

OMEN
03-21-2006, 10:15 AM
MAXIM Magazine recently conducted an entertaining interview with Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz (at the same time). The interview looks at the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter where both fighters will serve as this year's "legendary coaches." The two will also have a rematch at the end of the season in the UFC.

The Article
Maxim Magazine recently conducted a brief interview with the coaches of the third season of The Ultimate Fighter reality show on Spike TV. Here's a transcript of that interview:

MAXIM: Hey, don't kill each other yet - save that for your rematch at the end of Ultimate Fighter 3. Ken, how do you plan to avoid taking another beating?

KEN: I've had a lot of time to look at how he beat me and how to not let that happen again. I've been doing this too long to be surprised. I know he's worked on his stand up striking too, but he can't go with me. He can not go with me.

TITO: Our last fight against each other, I gave him everything I possibly could. At the end of the third round, he felt it - and he knew it.

KEN: And that's my strength. He hit me with everything he could. He didn't hurt me, he cut me. He bruised me. I took everything he had. They stopped the fight because of the cut.

TITO: I'm young. I fought in 1997 with only 6 months training. I'm only 31, but learning everyday. Ken's, what - 42?

MAXIM: Ken, do you think Tito is underestimating you a bit?

KEN: No. He knows there's still some fire left in me. I may have lost a step or two, but I can still take him out - and he knows it.

TITO: That's the one thing about my fighting style, I never rest. I'm a cardio machine. And as he's dropped a couple of steps, I've gained a couple of steps.

KEN: That should make us even then.

TITO: People should get their money's worth from this fight. And there'll be a doctor carrying him out.

MAXIM: That's your prediction?

TITO: It ain't going 3 rounds.

KEN: No, it's not going 3 rounds.

Prowrestling

BDK
03-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Man I want to see this fight so bad but I would be upset if I spent all that money on it and it only went 1 round or even shorter than that.

Finch420
03-21-2006, 04:44 PM
As big of a fan as I am of both of these guys I don't see Ken standing a chance against Tito. Tito looked good in his last few fights and I think he'll be more than ready for the rematch, I see this thing going two rounds with Tito getting the win again.