PDA

View Full Version : Why was Vince @ RAW?

Dangerous Incorporated
01-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Vince had no real reason to show up on RAW at all and the only thing he really said was that Donald Trump stole his catch phrase "You're fired!" Trump has actually registered it and the have been reports that Vince was pissed at that but wasnt really confirmed til the past RAW. Now heres WWE again showing its stupidty. He only has himself to blame. He's been using it since 1998 and is known as Vince's catch phrase. And then WWE sue rapper 'The Game' because Vince's son-in-law HHH uses 'The Game'. So do they have a case or not?

Butoden
01-03-2007, 09:15 AM
I think it was pretty lame that donald trump copyrighted the 'youre fired' thingie but i dont really see why people would wanna do that anyway. to me, USA deals really heavy about copyright issues so i can immagine there wud be.

dannyslam
01-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Isnt he always at Raw becasue of backstage dutys?

X-treme Moonsault
01-03-2007, 02:57 PM
How can you copyright a phrase like "You're Fired!" anyway? I mean isn't that phrased used (probably daily) in the normal business world when people really get fired?

Butoden
01-03-2007, 03:30 PM
How can you copyright a phrase like "You're Fired!" anyway? I mean isn't that phrased used (probably daily) in the normal business world when people really get fired?

i guess it just counts for people using it on tv as a spoof or something. I agree though :)

BXtremeJ
01-04-2007, 01:11 AM
yea but he shouldnt have wasted his time firing rob conways atleast come out and say something important

Shawn Sousa
01-04-2007, 01:49 AM
who cares rob was stupid anyway

Will
01-04-2007, 02:55 AM

The copyright is for merchandise reasons. For example if Trump got the trademark than other people wouldn't be able to put the phrase on t shirts or hats or whatever. It doesn't mean that people cant use the phrase in day to day operation of a company anymore.

tommy
01-06-2007, 06:20 AM
I think he just wanted to make an apperance on a show that was expected to have a lot of new viewers.