PDA

View Full Version : Idol swan song

OMEN
03-21-2006, 10:11 PM
http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5127203,00.jpg
Fired up ... Mark Holden / Ch10
FANS of Australian Idol might want to savour this year's season because it could be the last, according to motormouth Mark Holden.
The reality show judge - who's never short of a word - yesterday opened his mouth again and revealed the hugely popular sing-a-thon could be axed by Channel 10 after this year.

"It could easily be the last (Idol) at this point and there has been talk it will be," said Holden, who's been on the show since it started in 2003.

"That's why this year, I am approaching it with everything I have got and treating it as if it is never going to happen again."

In just three years, Idol has produced hitmakers such as Anthony Callea, Guy Sebastian, Shannon Noll and Kate De Araugo and made C-list celebrities of a string of other contestants.

It has also revived Holden's dead-in-the-water profile, launched the careers of former judge Ian "Dicko" Dickson and hosts James Mathison and Andrew G and allowed Rob Mills to score himself a famous fling with Paris Hilton.
But the talent pool is running thin this year, forcing judges to scour country areas for the first time on a three-month tour that began a fortnight ago.

"This could be the last time and if it is the last time, I want to go out swinging, having a good time, and digging into the Australian talent pool," Holden said.

A Channel 10 spokeswoman last night wouldn't confirm this series would be the last.

"Ten and Grundy are pulling out all the stops to make this another hit series," she said.

"After all, in television, you're only as good as last night's ratings."

News.AU

Kellie
03-22-2006, 02:47 AM
I dont watch it but it went down hill when one of the judges left and it didnt pick up