PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Franklin to Fight MacDonald at UFC 68

Will
01-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin will return to action for the first time since losing his belt to Anderson Silva when he faces quickly-rising middleweight contender Jason MacDonald, March 3 in Columbus, Ohio, Sherdog.com confirmed on Friday.

MacDonald's manager, Mark Pavelich of Pro Camp Sports Management, informed Sherdog.com that MacDonald was offered to fight Franklin on the UFC 68 card several days after the Canadian's sophomore appearance in the Octagon, where he defeated Chris Leben by modified guillotine choke.

UFC matchmaker Joe Silva was so impressed with MacDonald’s performance, said Pavelich, that on top of the Franklin offer, he agreed to a signing bonus and a new four-fight contract.

Franklin-Macdonald is going to be a huge fight. Normally i would go with Franklin against almost anyone, but MacDonald has been the top fighter in the 185lb class lately.

Bajingo
01-06-2007, 08:01 PM
macdonald has looked good in his last couple fights, but i still dont believe that he is one of the top middleweights. Franklin is going to be motivated to redeem himself after losing his belt and should end macdonalds lucky streak.

Fedoral
01-14-2007, 03:32 AM
I expect franklin to win in the 2nd