PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Michaels beats the odds, Jericho speaks on Bret Hart

OMEN
03-23-2006, 09:37 AM
# In an effort to hype up the fact that "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels is going into Wrestlemania against Vince McMahon as an underdog, there is a brand new sub-section up on WWE.com, where they showcase all of the previous times HBK has managed to overcome the odds and pick up the win. Some of the moments are The Rocker's win over the power team of Haku & The Barbarian at Wrestlemania 7, his win over "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith to win the WWE Intercontinental Championship, his 1995 Royal Rumble win, and more.

# Former WWE Undisputed Champion "Y2J" Chris Jericho sat down with WWE.com recently to talk about Bret "Hitman" Hart's induction into the 2006 Hall of Fame. Here is what Jericho had to say:

Former Undisputed WWE Champion and fellow Canadian Chris Jericho has a tremendous amount of respect for the career and accomplishments of Bret “Hit Man” Hart. It’s also clear that Y2J doesn’t think the way Bret left WWE should have any bearing on his Hall of Fame legacy. WWE.com caught up with Jericho in Los Angeles via cell phone to get his thoughts on Bret’s upcoming induction on April 1:

WWE.com: What are your thoughts about Bret Hart’s induction in to the WWE Hall of Fame this year?

Jericho: I think it’s a long time coming. He completely deserves it, and I think he gives the Hall of Fame more credibility. He should be in there more than almost anybody else.

WWE.com: Did you think this day would ever come, considering the dramatic fashion in which he left WWE for WCW?

Jericho: I think that’s the problem with analyzing Bret Hart’s career. Everyone focuses on how it ended in WWE, but that has nothing to do with the body of work that gets him into the Hall of Fame. It’s like focusing on Mother Theresa’s death rather than her entire life’s work. Bret should be remembered for more than just how he left. And if Vince McMahon and he hate each other and never speak again, that’s got nothing to do with the work that he did while he was actually in WWE.

I think how he left and his Hall of Fame career have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Regardless of what happens in business, how could you deny Bret’s rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame?

Credit: WWE.com

Metalring
03-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Why doesn't Jericho just sign the damn contract already?How many times has he been mentioned in wwe.com since he was "fired" on Raw?

the madscotsman
03-23-2006, 03:19 PM
They think if they keep mentioning him that he'll sign the contract. lol he'll sign if he wants to. think about it, less time on the road, no politics and better money.