PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown Spoilers & Dark Match! Tapings (9 Jan) - Peoria, Illinois (To Air: 12 Jan)

Dangerous Incorporated
01-10-2007, 12:22 PM
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/2037/fridaynightsmackdownop2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Dark Match & Smackdown! Tapings (9 Jan) - Peoria, Illinois (To Air: 12 Jan)

The following took place on Tuesday in Peoria, Illinois:

Dark Match:

- The Gymini defeated Funaki & Ace Steel.

WWE Friday Night Smackdown Tapings (Air Date: 1/12):

- Finlay vs. Matt Hardy: both failed to beat the clock. The match finished with Finlay applying a leg lock on Hardy, but Hardy refused to tap. After the clock ran out, Joey Mercury came out wearing a protective face mask. Mercury hit the ring and hit Hardy with a steel chair as Finlay kept the leg lock still applied. Mercury attempted to smash Hardy's head inside the chair, but referees ran out to prevent it.

- Backstage, Joey Mercury said Matt Hardy destroyed his movie star good looks and that he was going to continue to beat on him until Teddy Long made a one-on-one match between them.

- Tatanka defeated Jimmy Wang Yang.

- Mr. Kennedy defeated WWE U.S. Champion Chris Benoit in a Non-Title Match. The finish saw Chavo Guerrero, who was at ringside on commentary, interfere by distracting Benoit allowing Kennedy to get the win.

- Paul London & Brian Kendrick defeated William Regal & Dave Taylor to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles.

- MVP vs. Vito: both failed to beat the clock. MVP still sold his burns from the Inferno Match.

- Backstage, World Heavyweight Champion Batista was asked about his thoughts on possibly facing Mr. Kennedy or The Undertaker at the Royal Rumble for the World Title. He said Kennedy talks too much, but that he wouldn't underestimate him. Batista said if it turns out to be The Undertaker, he paused and said that would new.

- The Undertaker vs. The Miz: Both failed to beat the clock. A referee bump and interference from Mr. Kennedy took place. Undertaker ended up hitting a Tombstone Piledriver on The Miz and missed beating the clock by half a second. The finish was said to have been timed very well. The show ended with Kennedy celebrating his title shot against Batista at the Royal Rumble with Undertaker staring him down.

Post-Taping Bonus Match:

- World Heavyweight Champion Batista, The Undertaker & Kane defeated King Booker, Mr. Kennedy & MVP.

Source: PWTorch.com

Would have liked to have seen the main event dark match. I would have thought Taker would have beat the clock, especially against The Miz.

LionDen
01-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Thats bullshit, I don't want Kennedy to go for the World Championship, I thought undertaker ould be the one. Maybe this is for now cause I think Undertaker will be in the main even at Wrestlemania.

Well, the storyline continues with the hardys vs Nitro and Mercury, this will end up a huge tag match eventually. To bad the Hardys are not on the same brand, I would like to see them back together again.

Tha dark match sounds awesome, they usually are the best matches of the night.