PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Rooney claims England can go all the way at Germany 2006.

bad_meetz_evil
03-24-2006, 08:21 AM
Rooney came face to face with the trophy he believes England are capable of lifting when he was the star guest as Fifa's World Cup tour arrived in London on Thursday.

The Manchester United striker admits he is counting down the days until the kick-off of this summer's tournament.

"For me it's the biggest trophy in the world and in the summer I hope to be holding it up," said Rooney.

"Some of the greatest footballers ever have lifted this trophy so it was an awesome feeling to get up close to it.

"The boys will do everything they can to make sure we see it back here later on this summer."

Rooney believes Sven Goran Eriksson's ability to call on a blend of youth and experience could see The Three Lions trump the likes of pre-tournament favourites Brazil.

"I think we have a good chance. We have a lot of experienced players and a lot of young players as well," added Rooney.

"Over the last year we've been playing well and hopefully we can take that into the World Cup finals and come back as winners.

"We have a lot of good players in the squad and I think we'll be disappointed if we don't come back with the World Cup.

"I'm excited - it's building up and obviously there is a lot of pressure on us all going to the World Cup."

Appels
03-25-2006, 04:30 PM
3 Words: Viva La France!