PDA

View Full Version : Queen Latifah to be a mom?

bad_meetz_evil
03-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Is QUEEN LATIFAH planning on motherhood? The rapper-turned-actress breaks news that she hopes to be a mom by this time next year. "I'm really working on it," she says. "I've got everyone galvanized, I've cleared my schedule, and it's going to happen soon. God willing, I will be a mom!"

Latifah, who puts her maternal instincts to use in 'Ice Age: The Meltdown,' says she doesn't plan on being a stay-at-home mom but will make her baby top priority. "The thing about having a child is -- I believe it's the most unselfish thing you could ever do," she says. "They're going to come first."

The Oscar® nominated actress offers up the perfect family movie with 'Ice Age: The Meltdown.' Lending her voice to the role of Ellie, a mammoth who believes she's a possum, the multi-talented performer shows off her fun-loving comedic side. In the film, Ellie cares for two possum "brothers," who, along with returning cast members Manny, Sid, and Diego, must warn other animals of the impending meltdown that threatens to flood their valley.

Although she's recently made appearances in a string of hit movies, many fans fell in love with Latifah's strong, no-nonsense persona as Khadijah James in the television series "Living Single."

Generating a level of respect that borders on iconic status, Latifah has maintained her sense of purpose and commitment to provide a positive message for women everywhere. As with many of her films, 'Ice Age: The Meltdown' appeals to a wide audience of various ages and backgrounds.

A role model who takes the responsibility to heart, Queen Latifah has demonstrated that her thoughtfully crafted career approach leads to success. In taking her to new professional heights or planning for motherhood, it's clear this is one woman who goes after -- and gets -- whatever she sets her sights on.

'Ice Age: The Meltdown' opens March 31st. Stay tuned to ET for more on the movie, and updates on Latifah's baby plans!

Kellie
03-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Good Luck to her, I think she would make a great mother, whenever it happens