Jacksonville 3 @ New England 28

Pittsburgh 31 @ Cincinnati 17

Hmmm...I was 4/4. What are the odds? :)

Voodoo
01-09-2006, 05:53 AM
I was 4 for 4 also, I would have posted my picks but I didnt have access:(

Flair Country
01-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Well the Patriots and Panthers looked dominant from the kickoff which didn't suprise me too much. The Steelers really controlled the Bengals offense and defense the 2nd half of the ballgame but the Redskins looked like they struggled just to hang on to the win. Anywho, here's this weekends matchups...

Washington Redskins @ Seattle Seahawks

New England Patriots @ Denver Broncos

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Indianapolis Colts

Carolina Panthers @ Chicago Bears

Pick away!

The Crippler
01-10-2006, 12:02 AM

Appels
01-10-2006, 12:15 AM

Flair Country
01-10-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm gonna bet with my heart and not my brain this week, so I'll prolly be 1/4 :)

M-J
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
Washington Redskins
New England Patriots
Pittsburgh Steelers
Carolina Panthers

phoenixsplash
01-13-2006, 05:12 AM
pfft, youll see, seahawks wont choke. i dunno how someone can pick a wildcard team (that almost lost) against a !3-3 team at their home stadium, thats the loudest in the leage :-S

Flair Country
01-13-2006, 05:23 AM
pfft, youll see, seahawks wont choke. i dunno how someone can pick a wildcard team (that almost lost) against a !3-3 team at their home stadium, thats the loudest in the leage :-S

True...but when I look at the standing I still see a W beside the Redskins in that game :)

phoenixsplash
01-13-2006, 06:08 AM
True...but when I look at the standing I still see a W beside the Redskins in that game :)

look at how many Ls follwed that game :) they used all there energy , and almost blew there lead in that game. seahwrks are a much better team since then, and the redskins are a worst time since then :)

Teenwolf
01-13-2006, 04:20 PM
BEARS
Skins
Colts
Pats

Voodoo
01-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Indy
Seattle
New England
Carolina

Tails
01-15-2006, 06:28 AM
How about dem Broncos, flying under the radar to knock out the Champs and put Brady at 10-1, feels good.

phoenixsplash
01-15-2006, 08:09 AM
hey, i totally saw it coming. but how bout them Seehawks, even without alexander, they muster up a win, not bad :)

Flair Country
01-15-2006, 10:53 PM
hey, i totally saw it coming. but how bout them Seehawks, even without alexander, they muster up a win, not bad :)

How bout them STEELERS baby!!! :D

phoenixsplash
01-15-2006, 11:04 PM
How bout them STEELERS baby!!! :D

meh, got prettty lucky there in the last few minuted in my opinion

OMEN
01-16-2006, 12:46 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2005/01/15/bc.fbn.steelers.colts.ap/p1_ben.jpg
Ben Roethlisberger threw two first-half touchdowns to help the Steelers jump out to an early lead.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- The Pittsburgh Steelers gave the Colts every opportunity to steal their playoff game Sunday.

In the final moments of one of the most thrilling playoff games anyone can remember, Indy couldn't figure out how to take it.

So the Steelers survived a goal-line fumble by Jerome Bettis and one of the most mysterious replay reversals in NFL history to shatter the Colts' dream season with a 21-18 win. Pittsburgh (13-5) became the first sixth seed to make a conference championship game and will journey to Denver next Sunday for a shot at the Super Bowl.

They will do so breathlessly. Both benches seesawed between elation and agony with every possession as the game hung in the balance, stirring the crowd into waves of deafening sound.

This victory should have been so much easier. The Steelers dominated the Colts (14-3) until a fourth quarter with almost unimaginable twists and turns that ended when Mike Vanderjagt missed his first field goal at home, wide right from 46 yards. Vanderjagt then slammed his helmet to the turf, obviously forgetting how fortunate he was to have the chance.

After Pittsburgh's ferocious defense sacked a befuddled Peyton Manning twice, taking the ball on downs at the Colts 2 with just more than a minute left, Bettis fumbled when hit by Gary Brackett. Nick Harper, whose knee was cut with a knife Saturday in an apparent domestic dispute with his wife, grabbed the ball and headed toward the end zone.

But Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, brilliant all game with his arm and head, tumbled, reached out a hand and made a saving tackle at the Indy 42.

"I was frustrated," Bettis said. "That shouldn't happen, I'm supposed to take care of the football. I was upset that it happened. My defense bailed me out. I can leave here with my head up high."

Given life, Manning passed the Colts into field goal range, but Vanderjagt missed.

"It is disappointing. We had a great regular season, didn't play well enough in the playoffs," Colts coach Tony Dungy said. "That is disappointing, we have to pick it up from here. Pittsburgh came in and ratcheted things up and played a great game."

With 5:26 remaining and Pittsburgh on top 21-10, referee Pete Morelli overruled Troy Polamalu's diving interception at the Pittsburgh 48. Replays shown in the stadium and on CBS clearly showed Polamalu catching the ball as he fell, rolling and tumbling with it in his hands, then fumbling it as he got up to run.

Dungy had no choice but to challenge; the Colts were reeling.

After keeping the ball, Manning made some vintage throws _ something missing almost all day. Passes of 20 yards to Marvin Harrison and 24 to Reggie Wayne set up a 3-yard TD run by Edgerrin James. When Wayne got a 2-point conversion pass, the lead was down to three.

The Steelers, who won at Cincinnati last week while the AFC South champion Colts were off, built their advantage thanks to a superb game plan they seemed to steal from Indy. Bill Cowher showed why he has been a winning coach for 14 seasons in Pittsburgh, which has won two straight road playoff games for the first time.

Pittsburgh has one of the league's most varied running attacks, but Cowher, mirroring Indy's image, opted to open it up. Roethlisberger threw for two first-quarter touchdowns while Manning was wildly missing his first four passes and feeling pressure from everywhere. He wound up being sacked five times in all.

When the Steelers needed to run, they turned to the speed of Willie Parker and the power of Bettis.

Then everything went wacky.

The Colts were left to wonder where the magic went. They started 13-0, threatening the 1972 Dolphins' perfect season, only to drop three of their next four -- including the most meaningful game, Sunday's defeat.

It was a bitter loss for Manning, who has few major wins to go with his individual honors. Until the frenzied final minutes, he was mostly a non-factor.

And it was a sad ending for Dungy, whose son died of an apparent suicide last month. Dungy's team clearly was the NFL's best for 13 weeks. But in the most important weeks, they faltered.

Antwaan Randle El's 6-yard TD reception for a 7-0 lead was his first since the season opener, hardly an impressive stat for a starting receiver. But it capped one of Pittsburgh's most impressive drives of the season, 84 yards in 10 plays, with seven passes, including 36- and 18-yarders to rookie tight end Heath Miller.

Quite a difference from the Steelers' previous trip to the RCA Dome, where the crowd noise caused several false starts and the Colts scored on an 80-yard pass to Harrison on their first offensive play.

With the defense plaguing Manning, the Colts did nothing early. Then Hines Ward broke two tackles on a 45-yard completion, leading to Roethlisberger's 7-yard TD pass to Miller. With 3:12 remaining in the first period, it was 14-0. Shockingly, Pittsburgh had the 14.

Shortening Manning's drops, at times sliding the blocking pocket, the Colts marched 96 yards in 15 plays, taking up nearly 10 minutes of the second period. But their best drive, on which Manning went 6-for-6, ended with only Vanderjagt's 20-yard field goal.

Could three points be any more deflating to the team that scored them?

The potent Colts had all of 123 yards at halftime, 74 in the air, and trailed by 11.

It didn't get better early in the second half. Manning saw pressure for rush linebackers, ends, blitzing backs and even nose tackle Casey Hampton. He nearly was sacked for a safety late in the third period and was downed at the 1, which eventually led to Bettis' 1-yard drive for his 11th TD of the season -- and ninth since the Steelers' 26-7 loss here on Nov. 28.

They haven't lost since and now have a shot at their first Super Bowl trip in 10 years.

CNN

It was unbeliveaable to see the Steelers win this game,I think most people would not have geven the a hope in hell,But the long layoffs the Colts players recieved as they were rested seems to have done them more harm than good.
Even though they manges to win 13 games on the trot this season it is the steelers who move on to Mile High Stadium and the AFC Championship Game with Denver.

Flair Country
01-16-2006, 11:54 PM
Great games this past weekend!! Here's the wrapup:

Washington 10 @ Seattle 20

New England 13 @ Denver 27

Pittsburgh 21 @ Indianapolis 18

Carolina 29 @ Chicago 21

It's getting down to the wire now. Here's the lineup for Championship Weekend:

AFC Championship Game
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos

NFC Championship Game
Carolina Panthers @ Seattle Seahawks

Make your picks, you know the drill by now.

Appels
01-17-2006, 12:04 AM
AFC Championship Game

NFC Championship Game

The Crippler
01-17-2006, 02:16 AM
AFC Championship Game

NFC Championship Game

phoenixsplash
01-17-2006, 03:04 AM
Superbowl XL=Broncos Vs. Seahawks

Teenwolf
01-17-2006, 04:59 PM
I think I successfully picked EVERY game wrong this past weekend. And for that I don't even deserve to pick this week.

Flair Country
01-18-2006, 02:53 AM
Well since I was 3/4 last week(I knew I shouldn't have bet on the Deadskins), I'm going with:

Pittsburgh @ Denver

Carolina @ Seattle

But as long as the Steelers get in, I could really care less about who wins the NFC.

phoenixsplash
01-18-2006, 06:29 AM
Super Bowl XL
Denver Vs. Seattle

Voodoo
01-18-2006, 09:58 PM
I want Carolina to win soo bad!

Denver vs. Seattle

phoenixsplash
01-19-2006, 02:30 AM
I want Carolina to win soo bad!

Denver vs. Seattle

hahahahaha, and yet you know seattle will win :cool:

Flair Country
01-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Good luck to all the pickers today. We'll see you in Super Bowl 40!

Appels
01-23-2006, 01:43 AM
How Bout Them Steelers Eh!

Flair Country
01-23-2006, 02:35 AM
How Bout Them Steelers Eh! :agree:

phoenixsplash
01-23-2006, 03:14 AM
how bout them hawks eh?

Flair Country
01-23-2006, 03:57 AM
Here are the results of Championship Weekend:

AFC Title Game

Pittsburgh Steelers 34 @ Denver Broncos 17

NFC Title Game

Carolina Panthers 14 @ Seattle Seahawks 34

Now your lineup for Super Bowl XL

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Seattle Seahawks
Ford Field - Detroit, Michigan February 5, 2006

Last pick'em of the season so make it a good one!

Appels
01-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Now your lineup for Super Bowl XL

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Seattle Seahawks
Ford Field - Detroit, Michigan February 5, 2006

They want it more, they're gonna get it.

Flair Country
01-24-2006, 12:28 AM
We all know what's coming by now...

Ladies and gentlemen, your Super Bowl XL Champion...

The Pittsburgh Steelers!

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7084/steelers4vn.jpg

phoenixsplash
01-24-2006, 01:54 AM
We all know what's coming by now...

Ladies and gentlemen, your Super Bowl XL Champion...

The Pittsburgh Steelers!

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7084/steelers4vn.jpg
keep dreamin son...:hmm:

im sick of steeler fans saying they want it more. youve atleast tasted gold (or wateever the trophy is made out of) this is our first time, and have waited 30 Friggin years just for this oppurtunity. you guys have had six. when it comes down to who wants it more, no doubt its the hawks

Flair Country
01-28-2006, 08:15 PM
keep dreamin son...:hmm:

im sick of steeler fans saying they want it more. youve atleast tasted gold (or wateever the trophy is made out of) this is our first time, and have waited 30 Friggin years just for this oppurtunity. you guys have had six. when it comes down to who wants it more, no doubt its the hawks

If you say so..."son". I never said that the Steelers wanted it more, but I will say they have more talent on the field that the Seahawks. The Hawks do have a great coaching staff however, and that does make up for some of it. The Steelers have only been to 1 Super Bowl since I've been alive and it was a horrible showing thanks to Neil O' Donnell. Oh, and you shouldn't worry about the Seahawks having to wait 30 years cause you're only 16 and you have missed at least half of their hardships. :)

Appels
02-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Superbowl Sunday Baby. Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!

phoenixsplash
02-05-2006, 07:54 PM
steelers have more talent, negro please, thats why the steelers have the MVP rit? o wait, the seahawks do well, atleast they have the quarterback with the best rating this postseason o wait, thats the seahawks to. seahawks are gunna win today baby, and i cant wait

yankeesman77
02-05-2006, 09:05 PM
The Seahawks are gonna get there ass kicked today because there not playing at home. Kyle the only reason they got to the superbowl was because of the home crowd. But now there in Steeler nation. The Seahawks dont have anybody who can stop hines ward, antwan randel el, The Bus, and Big Ben and the Steel Curtain Defense with Joey Porter, Troy Pomalau, and the defensive line will shut down shawn alexander. Steelers will win 27 - 10 or 14

Flair Country
02-06-2006, 04:19 AM
All I have to say is where are you pheonixsplash?? Where are your little Seagulls? Cause Pittsburgh are the champs baby!!!!!!