PDA

View Full Version : Royal Rumble Statistics - up to 2007

LionDen
01-16-2007, 06:10 AM
Here are some Royal Rumble statistics as of 2007, i found them fun to read.

Most Royal Rumble Wins:
Stone Cold Steve Austin has won three Royal Rumbles (1997, 1998, 2001). No Superstar has won more.

Longest time in the ring:
Rey Mysterio has the longest recorded time in the Royal Rumble with 1:02:12 in 2006. The next longest-lasting entrants are Chris Benoit (1:01:30 in 2004) and Bob Backlund (1:01:10 in 1993).

Shortest time in the ring:
The Superstars with the shortest time in the Rumble Match is The Warlord with two seconds in 1989. In 1995, the next shortest times belonged to Mo and Owen Hart who both last three seconds.

Shortest time in the ring while winning:
In 2001, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin became the Royal Rumble winner to spend the shortest amount of time in the match at nine minutes. In 2005, Batista came in at a close second at roughly 10 minutes.

Royal Rumble Winner to Wrestlemania Winner:
Steve Austin won the 2001 Royal Rumble and won the WWE Championship at WrestleMania X-7. Since then, every Rumble winner has won a World Championship at that year’s WrestleMania.

Entry number with most wins:
The Royal Rumble entry number with the most wins is No. 27. Big John Studd (1989), Yokozuna (1993), Bret Hart (1994) and Steve Austin (2001) all entered with this very lucky number.

First entrants who have won:
Shawn Michaels (1995) and Chris Benoit (2004) are the only two competitors to draw the No. 1 spot and win the Royal Rumble Match.

Second entrants who have won:
Rey Mysterio (2006) and Mr. McMahon (1999) are the only two competitors to draw the No. 2 spot and win the Royal Rumble Match.

The 30th entrant winning:
In the Royal Rumble's storied legacy, the Superstar to draw the No. 30 in the Rumble has never won the match.

Most overall eliminations:
“Stone Cold” Steve Austin holds the record for most eliminations overall, having tossed 36 Superstars over the top rope.

Most eliminations in a single rumble:
Kane eliminated 11 men in the 2001 Royal Rumble: Grand Master Sexay, Steve Blackman, Al Snow, Raven, Saturn, Honky Tonk Man, Tazz, Crash Holly, Albert, Scotty 2 Hotty and The Rock.

Consecutive Royal Rumble wins:
Three Superstars have won back-to-back Rumbles: Hulk Hogan (1990 & 1991), Shawn Michaels (1995 & 1996) and Steve Austin (1997 & 1998).

Longest Royal Rumble match:
The 2002 Royal Rumble was the longest ever. It lasted 1 hour, 9 minutes, 23 seconds.

Shortest Royal Rumble match:
The 1988 Royal Rumble was the shortest ever. It lasted 33 minutes. The match had only 20 Superstars, as opposed to the usual 30.

Shortest Royal Rumble with 30 entrants:
The shortest Royal Rumble Match with 30 entrants took place in 1995. With participants entering in 60-second intervals, this match lasted a little more than 38 minutes.

Women in the Royal Rumble:
In 2000, Chyna became the only woman in history to be an entrant in the Royal Rumble Match.

Rey Mysterio:
Rey Mysterio is the shortest Superstar to ever win the Royal Rumble. He is also the only masked wrestler to ever win this match.

Most consecutive Royal Rumble appearances:
The Big Red Monster Kane has the most consecutive appearances in the Rumble with eight between 1999 and 2006.

Most appearances in one Royal Rumble:
Mick Foley is the only man to appear in the same Royal Rumble Match three different times. In 1998, Foley entered as Mankind, Dude Love and Cactus Jack, and despite his enhanced odds, Foley still did not win.

Superstars who have eliminated themselves:
There have been nine instances where Superstars eliminated themselves from Rumble competition. This includes Andre the Giant (1989), Drew Carey (2001), Kane (1999), Mick Foley (2004) and Farooq (1997).

Con
01-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Ohhh I'm so hyped for the Rumble now lol, the Royal Rumble match is my favorite. :)

ironicicon
01-17-2007, 07:52 AM
I remember Drew Carey. Kane came out, I believe, and Drew ran scared. Funny. Cool stats. Like stuff like that. I don't think this year anything fact worthy is going to happen. Doesn't feel like it, anyway.