PDA

View Full Version : Monty Brown’s Name Change, ECW Star Injured, More

AFC1986
01-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Credit: PWInsider.com

- WWEShop.com has recently released a Cryme Tyme T-shirt.

- The idea to change Monty Brown’s name to Marquis Cor Von was apparently Vince McMahons. Reason for this is that Vince wanted a name that he would own the trademark to and since Monty Brown is his real name, that wouldn’t work out.

ECW head writer, Dave Lagana was strongly against this move but he really had no say in this matter. The plan right now is to build Marquis up as a challenger to Lashley and the ECW Title at some point possibly Wrestlemania.

- After returning back to action less then just a few months ago, Bob Holly has reportedly been injured yet again. He has suffered nerve damage in his arm and there is no word at this time on how long he will be out.

King Sir Greatness
01-18-2007, 11:53 AM
I had suspected that's why Monty Brown had a name change.

Bazzinator
01-18-2007, 12:00 PM
but he did keep the alpha male

kixum19
01-18-2007, 05:11 PM
he should have stayed monty brown

Will
01-18-2007, 05:52 PM
The name doesn't really matter because everyone knows who he is. Even before he came out Tuesday night as soon as "The alpha male" flashed on the titan tron everyone was on their feet yelling about it being Monty Brown. Honestly he got a lot more of a reaction then i was expecting him to.

JeebusMcC
01-18-2007, 08:55 PM
I figured that was the reason. I'm more excited about the fact that now we may get Monty vs. Lashley instead of Khali vs. Lashley. They really dodged to bullet on that one.

BOOG
01-26-2007, 02:37 AM
mabye vince is pissed because he couldn't trademark a name and gimmik for kurt angle so he's trying this to get back at tna for taking angle like saying "i can take your wrestler and give him a different name an still do good"

zetter44
01-26-2007, 05:46 AM
eh...He's still Monty

XXKSXX
01-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Still the same person also doesn't really matter what his name is. He will still be the same wrestler he was in TNA. lol