PDA

View Full Version : Fresh injury blow for Campbell

bad_meetz_evil
03-27-2006, 03:51 PM
http://images.skysports.com/images/playerpics05_06/Premiership/Arsenal/campbell_concentrate.jpg

Sol Campbell has suffered a fresh injury blow which has ruled him out of the first leg of Arsenal's UEFA Champions League quarter final clash with Juventus on Tuesday.

Campbell has recently returned to fitness following nearly two months on the sidelines.

However, a training ground accident has led to him injuring a toe and although the injury is not nasty - it is enough to keep him out of the Juve game.

"Sol has a small setback following a bad tackle in training yesterday," confirmed Wenger - who also admitted Freddie Ljungberg would not be available.

"We think it will be 48 hours. It is just bad bruising on his toe, it is nothing major.

"I had planned to involve him on Tuesday night, but cannot do as he could not practice.

"Freddie Ljungberg also unfortunately had a setback with his calf last week and won't make it."

Wenger was unsure how much advantage would be gained by having the weekend off, after their match at Portsmouth was postponed due to adverse weather conditions on the South Coast.

"The advantage you have is that you don't get any injuries and physically you maybe have a slight advantage because you can rest," he continued.

"But you never know because you get out of the pace of the game so it is very difficult to say - but we wanted to play and the referee decided to postpone it."

The Arsenal chief also admitted he was happy to see Patrick Vieira back again - who will start for Juve on Tuesday - for the first time since he left Highbury.

"I am happy to see him again, it is always a pleasure to see him," he continued.

"But we will try and keep him quiet of course and make sure he is not a big influence on the game, but that is down to us - but it is always good to see Patrick when you can."

Straight Edge
03-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Good, i completely forgot that the Arsenal/Juventus game is on tomorrow. Now that Sol's out, hopefully Arsenal will get hammered by Juventus.