PDA

View Full Version : Female Working Under Mask, Cornette Rips Maria; Rock's New Movie

Gibo
01-19-2007, 02:30 AM
Prior to Tuesday's Smackdown taping, there was a masked wrestler who wore a black suit and went by the name of 'San-Eye' from Japan. San-Eye wrestled Jamie Noble and even beat him with a rollup. As it turns out, 'San-Eye' is actually female wrestler Shantelle Taylor. The idea is that people aren't supposed to pick up that she is a woman. Taylor is a 20-year old Canadian who is under a developmental deal in Deep South Wrestling. This wasn't Taylor's first appearance as 'San-Eye' as she also wrestled on some SmackDown house shows over the weekend.

Variety is reporting that Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson will have a role in the big screen remake of the classic 60's series "Get Smart". He will play a new character called Agent 23.

There is an interview with Jim Cornette in the latest edition of the UK's Powerslam magazine. Maria's position with Ohio Valley Wrestling at the end of his tenure in the company gets brought up and he subsequently blasts her. Although, it should be noted that Cornette's opinion on her is based on her time in OVW in early 2005 when she was really new to the business and Cornette was pretty much fed up with WWE & their direction by that point. Anyways, here is what he said about Maria:

Don't you mean Maria?
Marie, Maria: whatever. Another useless (woman) they foisted off on me. You know, I was running a wrestling school. Maria hadn't wrestled, didn't like wrestling, and didn't wanna f--king wrestle. I don't know what the f--k she was doing there. I was expected to use her on television, so she could practice her interviewing...

She needed to the practice, right?
She couldn't even remember the names of the people she was interviewing. WWE wanted her on our show live. I told them the last time she was on live, she couldn't remember the wrestlers names, so I was putting her in a pre-tape.

Will
01-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Prior to Tuesday's Smackdown taping, there was a masked wrestler who wore a black suit and went by the name of 'San-Eye' from Japan. San-Eye wrestled Jamie Noble and even beat him with a rollup. As it turns out, 'San-Eye' is actually female wrestler Shantelle Taylor. The idea is that people aren't supposed to pick up that she is a woman. Taylor is a 20-year old Canadian who is under a developmental deal in Deep South Wrestling. This wasn't Taylor's first appearance as 'San-Eye' as she also wrestled on some SmackDown house shows over the weekend.

This ruins the whole gimmick for me, I thought it was a midget and masked midgets are awesome. Small masked females who fight men are not awesome at all.

For those curious, this is the 5'3 115lb Shantelle Taylor.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3c/Shantelletaylor.jpg