PDA

View Full Version : Philly Police Find $11 Million In Pot

Angelique
03-28-2006, 05:35 PM
A burglary call at a house led to the seizure of roughly 2,500 pounds of pot worth about $11.6 million on the street, police said Monday.

It was believed to be the largest marijuana bust in the city in more than 40 years.

Police responding to a 911 burglary call Saturday night at a home in West Philadelphia searched the home and discovered 120 bales of pot in the basement.

Allen Womack, 27, and Dalion Baskerville, 42, were arrested and charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana and conspiracy. Baskerville told authorities someone had paid him to use the house as a storage facility, police said.

Both suspects remained in custody Monday. It wasn't immediately clear if either had an attorney.

The seizure "was the biggest we've had in 42 years that we know of," said Police Commissioner Sylvester Johnson.

ŠTHE ASSOCIATED PRESS

*cos i got high because i got high because i was high*

Sunshine Acid
03-28-2006, 09:16 PM
That is like yeaaaars worth :shock:

All down the drain!!! This is injustice :(

W-OLF
03-28-2006, 10:29 PM
How did I know shed respond to this lol .

Hate
03-28-2006, 10:58 PM
thats terrible,looks like its gonna be dry here in PA for a while

Sunshine Acid
03-28-2006, 11:48 PM
How did I know shed respond to this lol .

:redfaced:

and Hate, there is sure to be plenty more to go around. Especially in a big market area like Philly. Thats the thing, the government makes a big bust and then think they have accomplished something when they haven't. More will circulate in the area and thats the problem with the war on drugs it is a waste of money and doesnt work. The more busts and arrests you make you have new dealers stepping up and new drugs being produced/grown. Marijuana is a plant it will keep growing, there will always be marijuana. The war on drugs is pointless and they should just leave us the fuck alone.

Angelique
03-28-2006, 11:58 PM
For the people who do use marijuana responsibly.... they SHOULD be left alone. A person can drink responsibly or have a child/pet responsibly and no one bothers them. Why can't ppl be left alone who ARE being responsible.