PDA

View Full Version : Shevchenko's cheeky response

bad_meetz_evil
03-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Andrei Shevchenko has cheekily thanked English journalists for publishing stories suggesting that he has signed for Chelsea.

The Daily Mail claimed that a deal has already been struck to take the Ukrainian striker to West London on a four-year contract worth at least £110,000 per week.

Blues owner Roman Abramovich is a huge fan of Shevchenko but the Milan striker, who was engaged in UEFA Champions League combat on Wednesday night in Lyon, says he has no plans to quit the Rossoneri.

"I only know about this story because there are others who continue talking," he stated on Thursday.

"Anyway, I thank the English journalists because maybe, in this way, Milan will call me and extend my deal.

"I know nothing about any offer and I am absolutely relaxed.

"I have nothing to deny because everything is clear."

Milan have constantly expressed their intention to keep hold of the Ukraine captain, who will lead his side into the World Cup finals for the first time in their history this summer.

The Serie A club drew 0-0 in Lyon with Shevchenko denied a priceless away goal by keeper Gregory Coupet.

OMEN
03-30-2006, 09:08 PM
It would be good to see Andrei Shevchenko playing in a Chelsea shirt but i just cannot see it happening.He seems happy enough at AC Milan and if a bid we reportedly made earlier of £100Million earlier was not accepted then leave him there......No Player is worth that ammount of transfer fee.