PDA

View Full Version : Your view on 'The Highway To Hell'

Reinheimer
03-31-2006, 01:23 PM
Seeing as Wrestlemania is really coming close, I thought I would get everyones views on the McMahon/Shawn Michaels fued, also known as The Highway to Hell.

My responce to this, isn't excatly what I thought it would be when I first found out the two were going to go at it at Wrestlemania. When I heard the match was going to take place I was hestatic. As soon as it was announced I knew it would have a big feel to it. Alot like Hogan vs. McMahon from Wrestlemania XIX. But now after seeing what has happenned, I am rather dissapointed. I still think that it was a good build up, but not the best. About half way through the fued when Shane McMahon got involved is where I think it started losing my intrest. Bringing Shane in was the prime goal to begin with, but things did occur which prevented him taking on Michaels at Mania. But still, when he came it got really boring and repeditive. For three weeks (i think) I had to tune into Raw and watch the McMahons come out right at the beginning of the show. Some of the segments were ok, but stupid at the same time. Like the celebration party, the urine sample etc. They were full of irony and Michaels never done anything so we had to put up with alot of McMahon for a while. Now what actually brought me back into gaining intrest in this fued was when Triple H and John Cena got involved. I just finished watching the last Raw before Wrestlemania 22 and was quite impressed. They finally had the McMahon/Michaels segment of the show at the end. And made a pretty good job with it. I think that it was a great way to lead into Wrestlemania. Alot better then the months of build up anyway.

So i'm not completely satisfied with what i've seen, but still don't have a big problem with it. So what is your view on this whole 'Highway to Hell'? What did you hate from it? What did you enjoy? Did you think it was good?

Stunner
03-31-2006, 01:39 PM
I look forward to the match but not like I looked forward to Vince vs. Hogan and to top that Vince vs. Austin. At least they aren't making it out that Vince is unbeatable or some crap like that. I still think something will happen and Vince will be the victor. Will see in a few days I guess.

Also nice to know that the Highway goes to Hell aka Wrestlemania....GOOD ADVERTISING THERE VINNY MAC! :D

bad_meetz_evil
03-31-2006, 01:41 PM
I actually think Shane getting in to the fued, is a good idea. I mean, Vince wont go up to Shawn Michaels, before his WrestleMania match. So he had Shane to do it for him, at Saturday Nights Main Event. Do I prove a good point? So now Shane McMahon can interfere in the match, and god knows what will happen then. But I see this ‘highway to hell’ as a ‘highway to retire’. I mean Michaels, is getting old now, and its about time to retire. So instead of making him fade away, McMahon will fire him, in a shocking moment, on Raw after Mania, maybe. It will be exactly the same as Hogan Vs McMahon at WM XIX, and how it will end up as. Or atleast that’s my predictions. But without a shadow of a doubt, the two will give in a hell of a match in mania, that I’ll really enjoy watching. The build up was great, and I sure hope the match will be even better.

the madscotsman
03-31-2006, 01:42 PM
I would have loved it if the theme had been highway to hell then ACDC could have played at mani, and rey mysterio wouldn't have been the smallest guy in the building.