PDA

View Full Version : Jim Cornette Talks about VInce,WWE,Paul Heyman,OVW and More:

OMEN
03-31-2006, 10:16 PM
Jim Cornette was this weeks featured guest on the Get In The Ring radio show. To listen to the show go to www.getinthering.tv or www.wrestlingradionetwork.com.

- Jim Cornette joins The Phantom and Junior on the show. Jim immediately talks about his war with the hardcores and likens it to the War of the Roses and the Crusades. He degrades CZW as a 'peepshow' saying they are 'destroying our sport.'

- Phantom asks about David 'It's still real to me' Wills. Cornette says that he and Dennis Condrey were looking for the exit, in case Wills had an AK-47. Cornette then brings up Vince McMahon on the cover of Muscle & Fitness; 'Here is the sad thing, he is a sixty-year old billionaire... and he's working out lifting weights? That's sad.' Jim then rips on bodybuilders with a HILARIOUS line, too slanderous to be recapped here. Jimbo then puts over cheeseburgers and tells another HILARIOUS tale of cheeseburgers, fries and Lex Luger.

- Jim then plugs a Masterclass he'll be performing on 6 May. Checkout http://www.ewfarena.com. He says he is 'wrestling less but enjoying it more,' before talking about working for Ring Of Honor, and more burger talk.

- Phantom then asks about Paul Heyman replacing Cornette at OVW. Cornette denies he was being replaced saying he did four jobs well and that Heyman is doing 'a half-assed job' of the one job. Jim says he wanted to quit WWE a long time before he actually left. 'They were disrespecting me personally, and my company professionally.' He goes into detail about the 'interference,' and 'substandard talent' he was forced to work with. He says that he still part-owns OVW, and that WWE have no ownership rights. Cornette also goes into detail about his removal from his consultant role, and his conversation with John Laurinaitis.

- Upon the release, Phantom asks about the night Cornette slapped an OVW talent. Jim says the guy failed to run away from The Boogeyman on OVW television, Cornette asked for the talent to be brought to him and says he'd get GIR kicked off the radio if he repeated what he said. Jim then HILARIOUSLY re-enacts a politically correct version of the conversation. After, 'I slapped the piss out of him, I slapped him frontwards, backwards, frontwards, backwards. We can go out in the parking lot now and we can fight. If you don't wanna fight Jim Cornette, slap, slap, slap, slap, then you better run from the God damn Boogeyman.'

- Jim then talks about his thoughts on the Boogeyman character, the current state of the WWE product, and an excellent analogy. Phantom asks about supposed comments said by Ken Kennedy with Cornette relaying his version, and talking about existing heat between them, before taking another dig at Paul 'Happy' Heyman. Cornette talks about why Matt Morgan failed, the failings in the WWE, and the 'career murder' of the Spirit Squad. 'I HATE wrestling,' Cornette fumes, 'Wrestling can bite me,' taking more knocks at the behind-the-scenes WWE.

- Phantom manages to squeeze in a question, asking about Cornette's thoughts on TNA. Jim is nothing but positive, putting over Rhino, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. On Joe in the WWE; 'The first thing they'd do is put him on a diet.' He says he wouldn't want to be in the wrestling business if it was like today twenty years ago. 'It's like a real job,' HILARIOUSLY comparing how wrestling used to be.

- Finally, asked about Jim Ross; Cornette criticizes WWE for firing Ross, and Styles as replacement. He also says he'd never have returned if he was Ross.

- Listen to this HILARIOUS interview, and find out if Jim Cornette is ordering WrestleMania at http://www.getinthering.tv.

PWI

I have never been a hiuge fan of Jim Cornettes but i have to say that this was a fairly good interview and well worth a listen if you have the time.

W-OLF
03-31-2006, 11:18 PM
Maybe not a huge fan but noone cant beat the guy on a mic .Thanks for the post.

the madscotsman
04-01-2006, 11:59 AM
who van gorget that legendary, inovative promotion that cornette took from the gutter and made it a cult icon. oh wait that was Heyamn. my mistake. why is jim ragging on Paul Heyman?

dutigaf
04-01-2006, 06:47 PM
good info, but yeah as a life long fan of wrestling , dont get how cornette can get on heyman for doing exactly what he saw him do...

Straight Edge
04-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Cornette is a legend, but what he said about Heyman is completely untrue. Heyman has been awesome, since Vince sent him to OVW after Cornette got fired, and OVW has become really popular now, and it's because of Paul Heyman.