PDA

View Full Version : It's Official! Roth to Rejoin Van Halen

Vance
02-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Break out your spandex pants, start practicing your karate kicks; David Lee Roth is officially returning as the front man for Van Halen.

Founding band member Eddie Van Halen made the first official announcement to TMZ, saying "It feels like a whole new beginning to be back with Dave and to be playing with my brother and my son. We look forward to going on tour."

Roth, an original member of Van Halen, quit the group in 1985. He rejoined the band briefly in 1996, only to quit again a few months later. Roth hasn't performed live with the group since 1984.

As TMZ first reported, Eddie's son, Wolfgang Van Halen, will be playing bass with the supergroup on their upcoming tour. According to the band's rep, Janie Liszewski, the tour will cover most major U.S. cities, including L.A. and New York.
source:tmz.com

demolition89
02-03-2007, 07:38 AM
HALLELUJAH!! THIS BETTER NOT BE 1996 ALL OVER AGAIN! I've had enough of "Van Hagar", and try to block out the Agonizing memory of the "Extreme Experiment."

The Music World needs Van Halen. The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Induction is LONG OVERDUE! My Adrenaline still goes into hyperdrive every time I Hear Eddie cut loose on "ERUPTION"!!

WELCOME BACK "DIAMOND DAVE", AND WATCH OUT WORLD HEAR COMES WOLFGANG VAN HALEN!!

Rated X
02-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Wasn't he officially supposed to return to Van Halen 6 years ago? I don't see it lasting.

XXKSXX
02-03-2007, 09:10 PM
It don't matter now I think it's to late for them. But will be nice to see what happens.